Non-Invasive Skin Tightening? RF Microneedling vs Ultherapy?
Ultrasound skin tightening (Ultherapy) has long been considered the best non surgical facial procedure around. Enter a new and exciting treatment to tighten skin -Microneedling with Radiofrequency. So are you wondering if Ultherapy or Microneedling with RF is right for you? Truthfully, both are great options to get rid of saggy skin and reverse skin laxity. What’s more, you’ll likely be happy with the results of either to contour the cheeks, lift the brow and/or tighten sagging jowls. That said, there certainly are differences between them, which could impact which you choose. Let’s drill down further on RF Microneedling vs Ultherapy:
Is Microneedling with RF Better than Ultherapy? Which is Best for Facial Skin Tightening?
Before we discuss the pros and cons of each treatment, it’s important to share an important similarity. Both Microneedling RF and Ultherapy stimulate collagen production at the deeper layers of the skin, in order to tighten the skin. How they go about this differs, as do the specific results each treatment achieves. Additionally, which is best for you depends on your beauty goals, skincare concerns and budget. Here’s more on Ultherapy vs RF Microneedling:
What Ultherapy Benefits and Results Can I Expect?
Ultrasound energy reaches below the skin to gently heat the SMAS layer (where plastic surgeons cut during a facelift), in order to spark neocollagenesis. Here’s what you should know about Ultherapy:
- It’s the only treatment cleared by the FDA for skin-lifting. Put simply, no other company can make that claim.
- Ultrasound is a time-tested technology with a proven track record of safety and efficacy.
- Ulthera bypasses the surface of the skin. That means there’s no trauma to the top or epidermis layer.
- It’s highly targeted. The esthetician can customize treatment to your specific skincare concerns. Specifically, she can deliver tiny amounts of energy to clearly defined depths under the skin.
- Although downtime is generally minimal, it’s possible to experience tenderness, flushing, bruising and swelling for up to a few weeks following treatment.
- Ulthera typically requires 1-2 sessions to achieve results that last up to five years, depending on individual skin laxity.
- Ultherapy skin tightening results appear gradually over 2-3 months and can continue for up to 6-12 months after treatment. It’s important to note that individual results may vary.
Click for in-depth information about Ultherapy
What RF Microneedling Benefits and Results Can I Expect?
Microneedles make micro injury to the surface of the skin, as well as direct the RF energy to the dermal layer of the skin. Here’s what you should know about Microneedling with Radiofrequency:
- RF Microneedling uses two highly-effective modalities in tandem. Microneedling works to repair the surface of the skin, including diminishing fine lines or wrinkles, reducing pore size, minimizing scars, as well as restoring uneven skin tone. On the other hand, Radiofrequency tightens skin by promoting collagen production at the deeper layers of the skin.
- Like Ultherapy, RF Microneedling is targeted. It gives the esthetician the ability to customize treatment for you, due to its adjustable needle depth.
- RF Microneedling can be further customized with the addition of serums, such as Platelet-Rich Plasma or Meso Vitamins.
- While both RF Microneedling and Ultherapy are generally easily tolerated, RF Microneedling is typically less painful than Ultherapy.
- Although downtime is typically minimal, it’s possible to experience tenderness or redness for up to a few days following Microneedling.
- While some benefit may be seen after one treatment, Microneedling with Radiofrequency typically requires 2-3 treatments spaced four weeks apart to see skin-tightening results.
- Ultherapy can last for up to five years with possible maintenance in between. On the other hand, RF Microneedling for lifting skin needs to be repeated more frequently (typically after a year), in order to maintain skin-tightening results.
- RF Microneedling skin tightening results generally appear more quickly than Ultherapy. Skin-lifting typically occurs after three months; however, results depend on individual skin laxity.
Click for in-depth information about Microneedling with Radiofrequency
What is the Ultherapy Price? What is the RF Microneedling Cost? Which is Better?
It’s kind of like comparing apples and oranges, frankly. Ultherapy cost is more upfront. However, Ultherapy requires fewer treatments and lasts longer than RF Microneedling. So your Ultherapy cost may end up being less than RF Microneedling price in the long run. What’s more, you may want to consider both treatments used in tandem, depending on your skincare concerns. As always, your own individual needs may vary. That’s why, we always suggest coming in to speak with us about your skincare concerns and budget, in order to figure out which treatment is right for you.
Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC?
At Smooth Synergy Medspa in NYC, we’ve been in the non surgical aesthetic cosmetic business for close to 20 years. It’s this experience that gives us the ability to help you choose the treatment that will give you the results you’re looking for. Whether that’s RF Microneedling or Ultherapy or another treatment from our comprehensive menu, we recommend that you come in for a complimentary consultation. An Expert in Beauty will listen to your skincare concerns and recommend a treatment plan that works for you. Please call us at 212-397-0111 to schedule an appointment.