Types of Dermal Filers | Best Face Filler in NYC
Types of Dermal Fillers: What Filler is Best for Your Facial Concern in NYC?
A dermal filler for face is one of the best ways to restore a youthful appearance. From tightening saggy skin to lifting cheek bones, Smooth Synergy in NYC offers a comprehensive line of fillers for every skin concern. And our guide, Types of Dermal Fillers, will put you in the know about the best treatment option for you.
Benefits of a Dermal Filler
- Has broad application for most aging concerns
- Lifts sagging skin
- Smooths deep wrinkles, creases, folds or furrows
- Adds volume
- Restores a youthful appearance
Dermal Fillers Before and After
Types of Dermal Fillers FAQs
A dermal filler is a cosmetic injection that works to lift, fill, smooth and/or add volume to the skin. Placed under the skin with a super-fine needle, the injection will instantly restore the skin. Filler results will continue to improve over the next week and will last up to two years, depending on the filler. At this time, a maintenance regime is required.
Cosmetic fillers have broad application on the face. Genearlly speaking, they vary by their active ingredient. However, they also vary by the formulation of their active ingredient. In a nutshell, this means each one will work better for either a specific area of the face or a specific skincare concern. For example, a softer filler will have a lighter weight and smaller size of its active ingredient. Therefore, it would generally be more effective for superficial skin concerns, such as smoothing lip lines. On the other hand, a sturdier filler will have a heavier weight and larger size of its active ingredient. Therefore, it would be better suited to help define the cheekbone. Specifically, fillers are highly effective at:
- Improving skin texture on all areas of the face
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles on all areas of the face
- Reversing laugh lines around the eyes and mouth
- Reducing eye bags under the eyes in the tear trough area
- Reducing crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes
- Diminishing a hooded eyebrow
- Cheek augmentation, in order to restore sunken hollows
- Restoring the jawline or saggy jowls
- Minimizing nasolabial folds and marionette lines around the nose and mouth
- Lip augmentation, including plumping the lips and reversing vertical wrinkles
The different types of dermal fillers vary by their active ingredient, including:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Calcium hydroxylapatite
- Polylactic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid or HA is one of the most popular active ingredients for dermal fillers. It’s a water-loving molecule naturally produced by the body. Able to hold water up to 1000 times its weight, it’s highly effective at lubricating and nourishing skin that has thinned and/or connective tissue that has weakened, due to age. By replenishing the HA, a dermal filler will work to restore the visible signs of aging on the surface of the skin. To reiterate, each brand of HA fillers includes a complete line of products. Specifically, the products will vary by the size and weight of their HA molecules. Therefore, each one within the brand will effectively treat different aging concerns. These include:
- Juvederm (Allergan): Ultra, Ultra Plus, Voluma, Vollure and Volbella
- Restylane (Galderma): Lyft, Defyne, Refyne, Silk
- Belotero (Merz): Volume, Intense, Balance, Soft
Calcium Hydroxylapatite is the active ingredient in Radiesse. It’s a mineral-like substance that’s naturally produced in the body. Sharing similarities to bone, it’s highly effective at providing a sturdy structure to the face, including restoring the v-shaped contour of the face, as well as filling in deep creases, furrows or hollows.
The procedure is simple and usually takes between 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area. Our Medical Director, Dr. George, MD, will evaluate your face, and mark strategic injection points for placement. Using a super-fine needle, he will inject along these predetermined sites. Finally, he will evaluate the treatment area to assess whether additional filler is needed to assure maximum benefit to the skin.
There’s an arsenal of specialized fillers available today. That’s why it’s so important to find a physician with medical training, knowledge of facial anatomy and a keen eye for aesthetics to perform your treatment. It’s the best way to assure you get a safe, effective and personalized treatment. Specifically, our on-site Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas has close to 20 years experience administering cosmetic injectables. This expertise means you are literally in good hands with our doctor.
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa prides itself on being one of the best spas in NYC, offering a complete line of nonsurgical facial treatments. Call us at 212-397-0111 to learn about the different types of Dermal Fillers we offer,, including, Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero. We’ll help you decide which product will most effectively help you address your specific skincare concerns.
- Takes 15 minute to an hour, depending on the treatment area.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with minimal discomfort and no post treatment downtime.
- In general, fillers vary by the viscosity and weight of their particle size.
- This makes each formulation suited to address particular signs of aging.
- Maintenance every 4-18 months (depending on the filler) will assure long-lasting results.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results