Leg Veins Treatment: Slerotherapy
Sclerotherapy NYC: Proven, Effective, Nonsurgical Therapy to Reduce the Appearance of Lower Body Spider and Varicose Veins
Feeling self-conscious about the roadmap of unsightly veins on your legs? Tired of disguising leg veins with cover-ups or creams? Smooth Synergy offers a highly efficient and effective solution. Sclerotherapy is a nonsurgical option to get rid of varicose and spider veins permanently. So get set to liberate your legs, New York City! Smooth, ready-to-bare skin is possible with Sclerotherapy!
Benefits of Sclerotherapy for Leg Veins
- Quick, minimally-invasive alternative to cosmetic surgery
- Safe, effective, permanent
- Gets rid of varicose veins, spider veins and broken capillaries
- Improves blood flow in the treatment area
- Reduces chronic swelling in the legs
Sclerotherapy is a popular method to permanently eliminate varicose and spider veins, as well as broken capillaries on the legs. It works to get rid of unwanted leg veins nonsurgically with the use of sclerosant, an irritant that destroys the vein. With a tiny needle, the sclerotherapy injection solution is placed into the vein to produce a clot, which results in the collapse of the vein, as the clot is reabsorbed by the body.
Sclerotherapy therapy is one of the best remedies for spider or varicose veins. It boasts an impressive 60-80% success rate at getting rid of unsightly veins. After Sclerotherapy treatment, spider and varicose veins tend to fade in a few weeks to six months. In addition, the procedure can also help to improve blood flow in the leg veins and reduce chronic swelling in the treatment area.
Leg veins range from little, delicate, flat spider veins that spread across the surface of the skin to big, blue bulging varicose veins. Both varicose veins and spider veins can be found on the legs, thighs, calves, shins and feet. Spider veins (the official medical term is telangiectasia) can also be found on the eyes, neck, cheeks chin (or along the jaw or jawline), under the chin and neck. They appear in red, blue or purples hues.
No, while they have the same cause and represent the same problem, they differ by degree. Basically, varicose veins and spider veins vary by depth and diameter with varicose veins having the greater magnitude of the two.
You can blame poor venous flow in the lower extremities for both kinds of leg veins. They both occur when the vein valves and walls weaken, which allows blood to pool in the area and causes the vein to protrude through the skin.
Unfortunately, poor venous flow in the veins can be progressive. While both varicose veins and spider veins usually start as a cosmetic concern and an embarrassment, they can turn into a health issue. Swollen, lumpy, bulging and/or enlarged veins can become uncomfortable. Additionally, they can cause pain, cramping, numbness, fatigue and become achy and tender to the touch. If left untreated, mild spider veins or varicose veins can further protrude through the skin, or reveal a network of veins across an area of the body. In extreme cases, varicose veins can lead to ulcers and phlebitis.
Spider and varicose leg veins are commonly due to age, genetics, pregnancy as well as hormonal shifts (particularly estrogen).
Sclerotherapy is actually a simple procedure that takes about an hour per treatment. In a nutshell, leg vein removal is achieved by using a injection that destroys the treated vein over a period of several weeks to several months. Steps of the treatment are as follows:
- First, the doctor assesses the treatment area to determine injection sites and how many injections are needed. The number of injections a patient receives depends on size and number of veins in the area.
- Then, a tiny needle is inserted in the vein and a chemical, called sclerosant, is injected into it. Some patients report minor stinging, itching or burning during injection, but most consider the treatment to be easily tolerated.
- After each injection, the doctor may apply compression to the treatment area to spread the solution and increase its effectiveness.
The treated leg veins are eventually absorbed by the body and disappears completely. A follow-up visit is scheduled with the doctor after a month to assess the treatment results.
Sclerotherapy is often completed after 3-5 sessions. However, additional Sclerotherapy treatments may be needed, depending on the severity, size and number of veins. Larger leg veins may take three to four months to disappear. Once a spider vein is treated, it generally won’t return. However, additional veins may appear in new areas of the lower body.
The price of Sclerotherapy depends on the extent of the treatment area, as well as the desired outcome of each patient. We recommend you make an appointment to speak with Smooth Synergy’s medical director, who will assess your medical needs and advise you of the options and cost of leg vein treatment.
Sclerotherapy for leg veins is generally considered safe and has a low complication rate. The procedure has been around for over 100 years and the sclerotherapy injection solution was approved by the FDA in 1946. Some patients report minor stinging, itching or burning during injection, but side effects are minimal and most people consider the treatment to be easily tolerated. Because the procedure is minimally-invasive, there’s no downtime and patients can return to normal activity immediately following treatment.
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa offers only the best NYC medical treatments provided by the most experienced and professional staff. Our expert MD injector, Dr. George Liakeas, is in-house and is responsible for performing all of our medical procedures, including this nonsurgical procedure for removal of leg veins. As Smooth Synergy’s Medical Director for over 15 years, he’s used Sclerotherapy to provide relief for hundreds of patients suffering from the cosmetic and medical complications of spider and varicose veins. Call us at 212-397-0111 to find out why Sclerotherapy at Smooth Synergy might be the permanent solution to leg veins that you’ve been looking for.
- Sclerotherapy makes use of a solution called sclerosant to get rid of varicose veins, spider veins and broken capillaries.
- It’s a chemical irritant that’s placed into the vein with a thin needle.
- This produces a clot in the vein, which causes the vein to collapse.
- The clot is, then, reabsorbed into the body.
- A schedule of 3-5 sessions typically results in permanent removal of veins.
- Larger leg veins may take 3-4 months to disappear.
- Once a vein disappears, it will not return. However, additional veins may appear in new areas of the body.
- Cupping therapy for
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results