Vampire Facial PRP Treatments
Vampire Facial NYC: Rejuvenate Your Face for a New You with PRP Therapy
Celebrities and mere mortals alike are taking advantage of the skin-repairing ability of the Vampire Facial in New York City. But what makes the Vampire Facial worthy of its immortal namesake? It’s all about the regenerating power of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). These growth factors are found in your own blood and are responsible for healing skin from injury. And, when used for cosmetic rejuvenation, they have an unmatched ability to transform the skin.
Benefits of a Vampire Facial
- Nonsurgical, safe, no downtime
- Sources healing factors from your own blood
- Smooths fine lines & wrinkles
- Removes excess pigment (hyperpigmentation / age spots)
- Diminishes scarring caused by acne, trauma, surgery or burns
- Repairs skin at the cellular level
- Boosts collagen production
- Restores a healthy, youthful glow
The Vampire Facial makes use of Platelet Rich Plasma (or PRP) to rejuvenate the skin. During this nonsurgical procedure, the PRP is extracted from your own blood and the protein-rich part of the blood is injected back into the skin. The healing, growth factors in the PRP stimulate a process of skin repair — stem cells grow, collagen is boosted, blood circulation is encouraged. As a result, wrinkles, discoloration or age spots fade. An even skin tone and texture is restored. Skin is more vibrant, radiant and youthful.
Both treatments rely on the healing power of PRP to rejuvenate the skin. The Vampire FaceLift adds a cosmetic filler as an additional anti-aging component. Specifically, a dermal facial filler is helpful, if you are looking to restore mature skin, along with injecting and microneedling with plasma.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment has had wide medical application since it’s introduction in 1970, particularly in the fields of sports and orthopedic medicine. Plasma Rich Protein injections (PRP) are commonly used for tendonitis, knee or shoulder injury, arthritis, as well as nerve damage. Professional athletes often make use of blood injections to heal injury, including: Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, and Maria Sharapova.
Charles Runel, MD is the pioneer of the cosmetic application of PRP. In 2011, Dr. Runels registered and trademarked the Vampire FaceLift procedure, later made famous by Kim Kardashian. Since then, Dr. Runels has added to the family of platelet rich plasma skin rejuvenation treatments including: Vampire FaceLift, Vampire Breast Lift, Vampire Hair Therapy, The P-Shot for penis / sexual rejuvenation, as well as the O-Shot and Wing Lift for vaginal / sexual rejuvenation. For more, click for Dr. Runels biography.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) contains growth factors that are packed with proteins and healing factors. Just as it can repair the skin from injury, PRP can effectively be used to restore skin on many areas of the body. Specifically PRP works as follows:
- Stem cells respond to micro-injury on the skin by going into repair mode, stimulating growth factors and cells to generate new tissue
- New blood vessels form (or “neovascularization”), which increases the blood flow to the skin
- Cellular turnover increases for skin renewal
- New collagen production combats skin aging
The cosmetic applications of a Vampire Facial are varied, due to the powerful ability of a Platelet Rich Plasma Facial to heal, promote collagen production and stimulate stem cell growth:
PRP for Wrinkles / Skin Rejuvenation
Platelet rich plasma injections are proven to diminish signs of aging and restore a healthy glow to dull skin. Injecting and microneedling with PRP can work on fine lines and wrinkles on many areas of the face. These include: around the eyes (crow’s feet) and nose (bunny lines), lines at the corners of the mouth (frown and smile lines), as well as lines on the horizontal and vertical (the elevens) lines on the forehead.
PRP for Photodamaged Skin / Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots
PRP promotes skin renewal, which will work to even out skin tone. As a result, any discoloration of the skin will diminish. Specifically, it will work on damage caused by photoaging, melasma or other skin conditions that can cause dark spots.
PRP for Acne Scars / Burns / Skin Texture Renewal
Injections will repair underlying collagen to improve skin’s texture. Specifically, it can heal all types of acne scars, including ice pick scars, boxcar scars, atrophic scars and rolling scars. Further, any scarring caused by trauma or burns can be diminished from therapy. A series of treatments is recommended for best results.
In a nutshell, PRP injection technique includes extracting and then injecting your own blood back into the skin, in order to promote skin regeneration. During the Vampire Facial procedure, our medical injector, Dr. George, injects PRP, which rejuvenates the face and restores your natural beauty and radiance. This treatment also includes Microneedling with one of our medical estheticians. The procedure is actually quite simple and takes anywhere from 60-90 minutes. Here are its specific steps:
- The Vampire Facial starts with a blood draw from your arm. The platelets are extracted from the blood using a superior centrifuge called the Magellan TruPRP to isolate the protein-rich growth factors.
- While the platelets are being extracted, a numbing cream is spread across the face.
- Then, an esthetician will spread the PRP serum over the surface of the skin. A microneedling pen (like a Dermapen) creates multiple entry points for the PRP to penetrate the skin. Our Microneedling device is a hand-held pen, called Rejuvapen, that pierces the skin with 12 tiny needles. It’s a multi-speed, adjustable device that encourages controlled depth, spacing and frequency of punctures and encourages absorption of the PRP deep within the skin. Most clients say Microneedling feels like a slight tingle.
- Next, our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas, will assess your skin to determine the best places to inject the PRP for maximum results.
- Then, Dr. George will inject the PRP into various, predetermined places in the skin.
It’s important to note that PRP has application for other areas of the body as well, including PRP for hair loss and stretch marks. The Vampire Facial for the decollete and the neck is also highly effective.
Because of the use of a numbing cream, most people consider Platelet Rich Plasma Facial rejuvenation to be relatively pain-free. However, individual tolerances to pain will determine how painful injections are. Our trained medical staff pride themselves on providing patients with maximum comfort during treatment.
PRP recovery time for the face includes some skin tenderness and redness, which usually dissipates within several hours. However, because it’s a nonsurgical alternative to plastic surgery, patients can return to normal activity following treatment. There’s no Vampire Facial downtime; however, minor swelling and bruising can occur temporarily at the injection site. This usually dissipates within several hours.
Because PRP takes advantage of your own blood, injection complications are rare. There’s no need to worry about allergic reactions or your body rejecting a foreign substance.
Vampire Facial results are immediate and include: added volume to the face, a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, a healthy glow to your skin, as well as smoother and more youthful skin. Over the next few months, collagen growth will promote further skin renewal and regeneration.
The length of the PRP results depends on the condition of your skin, as well as your treatment goals. For general skin renewal, the Vampire Facial is effective when performed every three to six months. For acne scarring, hyperpigmentation or to target a specific skin problem, three sessions that are scheduled 4-6 weeks apart are recommended. Our skincare professionals can assess your skincare needs and make individual recommendations about Vampire Facial cost and treatment plan.
Our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas is a certified Vampire treatment provider, who received training from the creator of the Vampire treatments, Dr. Charles Runels. Additionally, he is one of a select few, who trains other providers to perform the Vampire treatments.
Walk in the doors of our Manhattan med spa and start on the path to beautiful, radiant skin. Smooth Synergy NYC provides the complete menu of Vampire treatments, including the Vampire FaceLift and Vampire Facial. We offer experience with many other proven skincare and beauty treatments as well. Call us at 212-397-011 to schedule a consultation with an Expert in Beauty to find out which treatment/s is right for you.
- The Vampire Facial is a simple and effective hour procedure.
- The richest growth factors in the blood, called PRP’s, are extracted from the blood.
- Then, they are injected into the face with a fine needle.
- Use of numbing cream assures a comfortable treatment.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with no post treatment downtime.
- Works to trigger the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Promotes collagen and elastin production.
- Noticeable, instant results, including a healthy glow.
- Collagen growth will continue for gradual, natural results.
- Yearly maintenance assures long-lasting skin rejuvenation.