PRP Therapy: Vampire FaceLift Treatments
The Vampire FaceLift NYC: Achieve Youthful, Radiant Skin with PRP Therapy and Cosmetic Fillers
Looking for age-defying results worthy of its immortal namesake? Get set for the true synergy of the PRP Vampire FaceLift in New York City. Combining the volumizing power of cosmetic fillers with the skin-repairing ability of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to transform your appearance. Timeless, porcelain skin isn’t just for vampires anymore.
Benefits of a Vampire FaceLift
- Nonsurgical, safe, no downtime
- Sources healing factors from your own blood
- Smooths fine lines & wrinkles
- Removes excess pigment (hyperpigmentation / age spots)
- Diminishes scarring caused by acne, trauma, surgery or burns
- Repairs skin at the cellular level
- Boosts collagen production
- Restores a healthy, youthful glow
The Vampire FaceLift is a nonsurgical, skin-repairing procedure that takes advantage of the rejuvenating power of cosmetic fillers and Platelet Rich Plasma (or PRP). Cosmetic fillers are highly effective at replenishing the depleted hyaluronic acid in the skin to restore volume loss. PRP is a strong skin repairing factor that’s found in our own blood to heal the skin.
During the procedure, the cosmetic filler is injected at strategic points along the face. Then, the PRP is extracted from your own blood and injected back into the skin. A true synergy occurs when a cosmetic filler is combined with PRP. Wrinkles, discoloration or age spots fade or disappear. An even skin tone and texture is restored. Skin is more vibrant, radiant and youthful.
Both treatments take advantage of the healing power of PRP to rejuvenate the skin. The difference between the Vampire FaceLift and the Vampire Facial is that the Vampire FaceLIft makes use of cosmetic fillers to enhance the anti-aging benefit of injecting and microneedling with plasma.
Since it’s introduction in 1970, Platelet Rich Plasma treatment has had wide medical application. Plasma Rich Protein injections are regularly used for tendonitis, knee or shoulder injury, arthritis, as well as nerve damage. Blood injections in sports medicine and orthopedic medicine is most common. Pro athletes are fans of the injury-healing treatment, including Kobe Bryant, Tiger Woods, and Maria Sharapova.
Charles Runel, MD is responsible for applying the science behind plasma rich protein to the world of cosmetics and skin rejuvenation. In 2011, Dr. Runels registered and trademarked his procedure, later made famous by Kim Kardashian, the Vampire FaceLift. Since then, Dr. Runels has added to the family of platelet rich plasma skin rejuvenation treatments including: PRP Vampire Facial, PRP Vampire Breast Lift, PRP Vampire Hair Therapy, The PRP P-Shot for penis / sexual rejuvenation, as well as the PRP O-Shot and PRP Wing Lift for vaginal / sexual rejuvenation. For more, click for Dr. Runels biography.
Platelet Rich Plasma is a powerful growth factor found in our own blood that’s rich in proteins and healing factors. Just as it can repair the skin from injury, it can effectively be used to restore skin on many areas of the body. Specifically PRP creates micro-injuries on the skin that:
- Put stem cells into repair mode, stimulating growth factors and cells to generate new tissue
- Encourage new blood vessel formation (or “neovascularization”), which increases the blood flow to the skin
- Promote cellular turnover for skin renewal
- Boost collagen production to combat skin aging
Because of it’s powerful ability to heal, promote collagen production and stimulate stem cell growth, a Platelet Rich Plasma FaceLift has many cosmetic applications including:
PRP for Wrinkles / Skin Rejuvenation
Injecting and microneedling with PRP is highly effective at erasing signs of aging, as well as restoring a healthy glow to dull, tired skin. Platelet Rich Plasma injections for wrinkles boost collagen and cell renewal, which works on fine lines on many areas of the face. These include: around the eyes (crow’s feet) and nose (bunny lines), lines at the corners of the mouth (frown and smile lines), as well as lines on the horizontal and vertical (the elevens) lines on the forehead.
PRP for Photodamaged Skin / Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots
By encouraging skin renewal, Microneedling with PRP will work to even out skin tone. This results in the reduction of any discoloration of the skin that’s caused by photoaging, melasma or other skin conditions that can cause dark spots.
PRP for Acne Scars or Skin Texture Renewal
A PRP injection will repair underlying collagen to improve skin’s texture. Specifically, it can heal all types of acne scars, including ice pick scars, boxcar scars, atrophic scars and rolling scars. A series of treatments is recommended for best results.
It’s important to note that PRP has application for other areas of the body as well, including: PRP for hair loss, stretch marks, as well as for healing wounds and burns. The Vampire FaceLift for the decollete and the neck is also highly effective.
In a nutshell, PRP injection technique includes extracting and then injecting your own blood back into the skin. This is done in conjunction with an HA cosmetic filler, in order to maximize skin regeneration.
- Dr. George, our expert MD injector, will take a few ounces of your blood and put it in our Magellan TruPRP to extract the richest of the rich platelets to create a better, more healing plasma.
- He’ll begin by injecting strategic points along the face with volumizing HA fillers (Hyaluronic Acid). HA fillers are designed to sculpt a younger looking face, while staying true to your face’s natural contours and shape.
- Then, an esthetician will spread the PRP serum over the surface of the skin. A microneedling pen (like a dermapen) is used to create multiple entry points for the PRP to penetrate the skin. Our microneedling device is a hand-held pen, called Rejuvapen, that pierces the skin with twelve tiny needles. It’s a multi-speed, adjustable device that encourages controlled depth, spacing and frequency of punctures and encourages absorption of the PRP deep within the skin.
- Then, Dr. George will inject the platelet rich plasma back into your face. This is virtually painless, as you will be covered with a numbing cream. Your skin will start to produce tissue, bringing back the elasticity and glow of your younger years.
Because of the use of a numbing cream, most people consider Platelet Rich Plasma facial rejuvenation to be relatively pain-free. However, how painful a injection is depends on individual pain tolerances. Our trained medical staff are experienced in ensuring the maximum comfort for all of our patients.
Some skin tenderness and redness are normal following treatment and usually dissipates within several hours. Because it’s a nonsurgical alternative to plastic surgery, Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy recovery time is minimal. There’s no Vampire FaceLift downtime and patients can return to normal activity following treatment. However, minor swelling and bruising can occur temporarily at the injection site. This usually dissipates within several hours.
Because the Vampire FaceLift takes advantage of your own blood, PRP injection complications are rare. There’s no need to worry about allergic reactions or your body rejecting a foreign substance. Similarly, complications from Hyaluronic Acid (HA) injection are rare, as HA is a naturally-occuring molecule in the body.
You will see immediate results, including added volume to the face, a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, a healthy glow to your skin and smoother and more youthful skin. Collagen growth and skin renewal will continue over the next few months and your skin will continue to transform.
The benefits of treatment for face depend on the condition of your skin. If you are coming in for general skin renewal, we recommend the Vampire Facelift every three to six months. For acne scarring, hyperpigmentation or if you are targeting a specific skin problem, three sessions that are scheduled four to six weeks apart are recommended. It’s best to come in for a consultation, so that one of our skincare professionals can make an assessment of your skincare needs and determine the PRP cost for each individual.
Our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas, is a certified Vampire treatment provider, who received training from the creator of the Vampire treatments, Dr. Charles Runels. Additionally, he is one of a select few, who trains other providers to perform the Vampire treatments and has performed thousands of PRP treatments at Smooth Synergy.
At our NYC spa, you can combat aging with the use of HA fillers and PRP to create a beautiful lift, adding color and texture to your face. Additionally, Smooth Synergy NYC offers the full menu of Vampire treatments, including the Vampire FaceLift and Vampire Facial. Our extensive experience with these treatments, as well as many other proven skincare and beauty treatments, makes us particularly suited to help you decide which treatment/s will be right for your particular skincare concern. Call us at 212-397-011 to schedule a consultation with an Expert in Beauty to find out more.
- The Vampire FaceLift is a simple and effective hour procedure.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma triggers the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Hyaluronic Acid filler provides deep hydration, while restoring volume and lift to the skin.
- Promotes collagen production for overall skin rejuvenation.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with no post treatment downtime.
- Use of numbing cream assures a comfortable treatment.
- Noticeable, instant results, including a healthy glow.
- Collagen growth will continue for gradual, natural results.
- Yearly maintenance assures long-lasting lift and skin rejuvenation.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results