Neck and Chest IPL, Photofacial Treatments
Photofacial IPL NYC: Light Waves Penetrate Multiple Layers of Skin to Permanently Reduce and Remove Sun Spots and Signs of Aging
Looking to smooth away skin imperfections on your neck and chest? Get set for IPL Photorejuvenation — a non-invasive treatment that gets to the root of the problem by harnessing the power of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). Erase the signs of aging from your neck and chest, including: skin pigmentation, brown spots, red blemishes, broken blood vessels and crepey, saggy skin, as well as deep horizontal or vertical wrinkles on the neck or chest. Dare to bare your décolleté again, New York City! It’s possible with Photofacial skin rejuvenation!
Benefits of IPL Photofacial for Neck / Chest
- Quick and noninvasive
- Targets skin imperfections at deeper levels of the skin
- Boosts collagen production
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Diminishes crepey, sagging skin on the neck and decollete
- Highly effective on deep horizontal and vertical lines on the neck and chest
An IPL Photofacial (Photorejuvenation Facial) uses high-intensity bursts of broad spectrum light at multiple layers of the skin to repair and rejuvenate the skin. It boasts a superior ability to reach the dermal layer of the skin, making it ideal for causing collagen and blood vessels to constrict, regroup and regenerate at the deeper layers of the skin.
It has a proven ability to target all kinds of stubborn skin imperfections at their source, including: sun spots, broken capillaries and wrinkles.
Before we get to the benefits of IPL for neck and chest, let’s talk about why the neck and chest are seemingly more susceptible to skin imperfections in the first place. The skin on the decollete is sensitive, thin and delicate. What this means is that the skin on the décolleté, has fewer, reparative oil glands, less elastin and is more prone to sun damage. This combo is a recipe for dry, crepey and sagging skin on the neck and chest, as well as hyperpigmentation in the form of sunspots, redness or discoloration. Further, the décolleté, is often an overlooked body part. We typically pay more attention to protecting and nourishing other parts of our body, like arms and legs, than the decolletage. A lack of targeted attention in our daily skincare regime, along with harsh soaps can accelerate aging and sun damage in the area of the chest and neck.
IPL Photofacial is the preferred treatment to improve crepey, wrinkled skin, and improve color and texture for blotchy, sun-damaged, and discolored skin on the chest and neck. Photofacial results in a more even skin tone and texture. Photofacial benefits for neck and chest include:
- Reversing sun damage (photoaging)
- Minimizing hyperpigmentation (skin pigmentation)
- Diminishing the appearance of sunspots, freckles, age spots, brown or dark marks, and melasma
- Removing vascular lesions, including broken capillaries, blood vessels, and spider veins (telangiectasia)
- Improving appearance of acne scars or scarring caused by trauma or burns
- Diminishing facial redness and flushing (Rosacea)
- Promoting collagen and elastin production
- Diminishing crepey, sagging skin
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Tightening and smoothing skin
IPL has a superior ability to reach the dermal layer of the skin, which is where a network of collagen and elastin fibers work to create a sturdy scaffold for the skin. As we age, this layer and network gets thinner and weakens, which results in skin sagging and deep folds and wrinkles on the neck and chest. By encouraging collagen regrouping and growth, IPL can work to reverse this process. With a Photofacial, you’ll see your skin smooth and tighten to reveal a more youthful decollete.
An IPL treatment is actually quite simple. IPL Photofacial sessions can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area. To prepare for the treatment, you will be given eyewear to protect your eyes from the emission of light. A cooling gel is applied to the area that’s being treated. A series of pulses of light are briefly applied to the target area with a handheld device. Following the procedure, any unwanted pigment either darkens and flakes off or is absorbed by the lymphatic system.
Most patients consider the treatment to be easily tolerate and describe the pulses as a warming sensation or like a light snap from a rubber band. As with any procedure, pain tolerances are individual. However, most people report that any discomfort they experience is worth the results they receive from Photorejuvenation therapy.
The treatment is generally considered safe. After a Photofacial, redness swelling or bruising may temporarily occur. Any Photorejuvenation side effects usually dissipate within several hours to a week. The slight risk of burns (one of the rare dangers of IPL) is diminished when performed with maximum safety and efficacy by a licensed and experienced practitioner, like a skincare professional at Smooth Synergy.
Sun protection is important at all time, and this is particularly true after IPL Photofacial treatment. A Photofacial session makes the skin more sensitive to the harmful rays of the sun with the potential of reversing the benefits of the treatment. A sunburn runs the risk of leading to additional hyperpigmentation. We recommend that you apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher for up to 30 days following IPL.
Dark skin contains more pigment or melanin, which makes it more prone to permanent hyper or hypopigmentation. Generally speaking, we recommend IPL for lighter skin types, including 1-3 and possibly light 4 (Scandinavian to Light Olive), on the Fitzpatrick scale.
Photofacial IPL is a completely noninvasive procedure, which means that you can return to normal activity immediately following treatment. To maintain calm skin, it’s recommended that strenuous exercise be avoided for 24 hours. Underlying dark spots or sunspots that were previously under the skin and not visible, may come to the surface and will scab off.
There’s an immediate collagen benefit from the treatment that results in a more even skin tone and smoother skin. However, the recommended number of treatments depends on the area being targeted and the severity of the problem. A typical treatment plan includes four to six sessions, which is usually necessary to reverse photoaging and repair damaged skin.
Our Manhattan spa keeps your neck, and décolleté looking young with the best NYC spa treatments on the market. And it’s just one of the many skin rejuvenation treatments offered at Smooth Synergy Medical Spa. To find out whether an IPL Photofacial or another treatment from our comprehensive menu is right for you, call 212-397-0111 to schedule an appointment with an Expert in Beauty.
- IPL takes anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area.
- High-intensity bursts of broad spectrum light reach multiple layers of the skin.
- Has a superior ability to reach the dermal layer of the skin.
- Reaches the network of collagen and elastin fibers that work to create a sturdy structure for the skin.
- Causes collagen and blood vessels to constrict, regroup and regenerate.
- Targets all kinds of skin imperfections at their source.
- Noticeable, instant results including healthy, glowing skin.
- A series of 4-6 sessions will usually reverse photoaging and repair damaged skin.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results