Photofacial (IPL): Anti-Aging Hand Treatments
Photofacial Treatment NYC: Erase Sun Spots and Signs of Aging on Your Hands with the Power of Light
Are your hands beginning to give away your age? Get set for IPL Photorejuvenation (IPL Photofacial) for hand rejuvenation — a non-invasive treatment that harnesses intense pulsed light (IPL) to get to the source of the problem. Targets skin imperfections to remove skin pigmentation, red blemishes and broken blood vessels on the hands. Plumps and smooths the skin to diminish veiny hands, crepey skin, fine lines and wrinkles. Because your hands deserve as much TLC as your face! It’s possible with Photofacial skin rejuvenation, New York City!
Benefits of IPL Photofacial for Hand Rejuvenation
- Quick and noninvasive
- Targets skin imperfections at deeper levels of the skin
- Boosts collagen production
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Smooths wrinkled hands and sagging skin on hands
- Revives dry, crepey skin on the hands
- Plumps skin to minimize the appearance of veiny hands
An IPL Photofacial (Photorejuvenation Facial) uses high-intensity bursts of broad spectrum light at multiple layers of the skin to repair and rejuvenate the skin. It boasts a superior ability to reach the dermal layer of the skin, making it ideal for causing collagen and blood vessels to constrict, regroup and regenerate at the deeper layers of the skin. As a result, it has a proven ability to target all kinds of stubborn skin imperfections on the hands at their source, including: sun spots, broken capillaries and wrinkles.
Before we get to the specific of IPL hand rejuvenation, let’s talk about why crepey, veiny or wrinkly skin on the hands happens in the first place. Our hands are constantly exposed to sun, environmental stress and free radicals. And, while we take time to protect our faces from sun damage, our hands are often neglected. Further, the skin on the hands is more vulnerable to these elements. It’s thinner, has fewer reparative oil glands and less elastin, which makes them more susceptible to sun damage and aging.
IPL Photofacial is one of the best treatments for wrinkles and crepey skin on hands, as well as to improve color, even skin tone and texture for blotchy, sun-damaged, and discolored skin. Photofacial benefits for hands include:
- Reversing sun damage (photoaging)
- Diminishing the appearance of sunspots, freckles, age spots, brown or dark marks
- Removing vascular lesions, including broken capillaries, blood vessels, and spider veins (telangiectasia)
- Promoting collagen and elastin production
- Smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles and crepey skin on hands
- Plumping skin to diminish the appearance of veiny hands
An IPL treatment is actually quite simple. IPL Photofacial sessions can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area. To prepare for the treatment, you will be given eyewear to protect your eyes from the emission of light. A cooling gel is applied to the area that’s being treated. A series of pulses of light are briefly applied to the target area with a handheld device. Following the procedure, any unwanted pigment either darkens and flakes off or is absorbed by the lymphatic system.
There’s an immediate collagen benefit from the treatment that results in a more even skin tone and smoother skin on the hand. However, the recommended number of treatments depends on the area being targeted and the severity of the problem. A typical treatment plan includes four to six sessions, which is usually necessary to reverse photoaging and repair damaged skin.
Most patients consider the treatment to be easily tolerate and describe the pulses as a warming sensation or like a light snap from a rubber band. As with any procedure, pain tolerances are individual. However, most people report that any discomfort they experience is worth the results they receive from Photorejuvenation therapy.
The treatment is generally considered safe. After a Photofacial, redness swelling or bruising may temporarily occur. Any Photorejuvenation side effects usually dissipate within several hours to a week. The slight risk of burns (one of the rare dangers of IPL) is diminished when performed with maximum safety and efficacy by a licensed and experienced practitioner, like a skincare professional at Smooth Synergy Medical Spa.
Photofacial IPL is a completely noninvasive procedure, which means that you can return to normal activity immediately following treatment. To maintain calm skin, it’s recommended that strenuous exercise be avoided for 24 hours. Underlying dark spots or sunspots that were previously under the skin and not visible, may come to the surface and will scab off.
Sun protection is important at all time, and this is particularly true after IPL Photofacial treatment. A Photofacial session makes the skin more sensitive to the harmful rays of the sun with the potential of reversing the benefits of the treatment. A sunburn runs the risk of leading to additional hyperpigmentation. We recommend that you apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to be on the safe side for up to 30 days following IPL.
Dark skin contains more pigment or melanin, which makes it more prone to permanent hyper or hypopigmentation. Generally speaking, we recommend IPL for lighter skin types, including 1-3 and possibly light 4 (Scandinavian to Light Olive), on the Fitzpatrick scale.
Keep your hands looking young with the best NYC spa treatments performed by experienced, professional and licensed estheticans at Smooth Synergy. To find out whether an IPL Photofacial or another treatment from our comprehensive menu is right for you, call 212-397-0111 to schedule an appointment with an Expert in Beauty.
- IPL takes anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area.
- High-intensity bursts of broad spectrum light reach multiple layers of the skin.
- Has a superior ability to reach the dermal layer of the skin.
- Reaches the network of collagen and elastin fibers that work to create a sturdy structure for the face.
- Causes collagen and blood vessels to constrict, regroup and regenerate.
- Targets all kinds of skin imperfections at their source.
- Noticeable, instant results including healthy, glowing skin.
- A series of 4-6 sessions will usually reverse photoaging and repair damaged skin.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results