Facial Peels NYC: Exfoliate Your Skin to Reveal Smooth, Radiant Skin
Achieve healthy, glowing skin with nine different chemical peel formulations to complement each skin type. Our experienced estheticians provide you with innovative ingredients applied with masterful technique for superior results from our facial peels.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
- Exfoliates dry, dull, dead skin
- Smooths out fine lines and wrinkles
- Targets skin imperfections, like hyperpigmentation and acne
- Reveals smooth, radiant skin
A chemical facial peel is a skin resurfacing technique that improves the texture and tone of the skin on the face, as well as on the neck and hands. By using a chemical solution to dissolve the dead skin cells that sit on the surface of the face, a facial peel will reveal the fresher, younger looking skin that’s beneath.
The exfoliating effect of a chemical peel makes it highly effective for removing dead skin cells, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, melasma and skin imperfections caused by changing hormones, aging or photodamage. Further, peels can aid in cellular turnover and promote collagen production. As a result, they are great addition to an anti-aging skincare regime.
Offering different facial peels allows our estheticians to customize each treatment to meet the individual skincare concerns of each client. Chemical peels differ in a variety of ways:
- Acid Solution — Each peel takes advantage of a different acid as its active ingredient. Salicylic, glycolic, lactic or pyruvic acid are a few examples. Each provides different benefits for the skin.
- Acid Concentration — Each formulation will peel to different depths of the skin. It all depends on the percentage of acid in the peel’s concentration.
- Mechanism of Action — Facial peels differ in the way in which they lift off skin. While some peels lift off deep skin in a layer (called sheet peeling), others work by flaking off the skin.
Speak to one of our experts in beauty to find out which chemical peel and what acid concentration is right for you.
If you’re targeting a specific concern like hyperpigmentation or acne scarring, we recommend coming in for a facial peel once a month. For general skin turnover and anti-aging benefit, an appointment for a peel can be scheduled once every few months.
You can return to normal activity after a facial peel. Generally, skin will not appear red. However, your face will look better in ten days than it does right immediately following the peel. Depending on the peel, you may have flaking or layer flaking two to three days following treatment. That’s why it’s best to avoid the gym until the peeling process begins. Further, do not wear makeup or use mineral makeup (no oil, no talc, doesn’t clog pores). And, lastly, try a mineral sheer tint from the private label of Nicole Contos, Owner and CEO of Smooth Synergy.
We invite our clients to consider the perfect synergy between a chemical peel and one of our customized facials. A facial will assure you start with a clean slate for a chemical peel to work most effectively on the skin.
Smooth Synergy Owner, Nicole Contos, offers a brightening peel, which is a take-home peel. It’s a brightening pad that gives you a radiant glow, for an all-around shine and freshness.
Our comprehensive menu of chemical peels features an array of formulations in different concentrations to complement any skin type or concern. Superior technique by professional estheticians provides exceptional results for the skin.
GLOW & GO PEEL
Smooth Synergy’s signature peel exfoliates with a gentle lactic acid to give skin a smoother, more vibrant appearance. This facial peel is good for all skin types and for any occasion.
A Glycolic Peel reduces fine lines, age spots, skin discoloration and to soften acne scars. It’s great to treat breakouts on oily or congested skin. Available in concentrations of 30-70%.
A Pyruvic Peel works to diminish the appearance of mild hyperpigmentation, melasma, seborrhea, acne and scars, as well as to even out skin tone and texture.
A Mandelic Peel gives an overall improvement in skin color, texture and pore size. It’s an excellent formulation for skin redness, sensitive or reactive skin and is effective for all skin types.
A vitalize peel exfoliates with a combination of salicylic and retinoic acids to improve skin texture and tone. It diminishes superficial lines and pigmentation, such as age and sun spots, and treats acneic skin. It’s a strong, yet gentle and safe peel.
A Vi Peel uses a combination of Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA), Tretinoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vitamin C, and other minerals to gently yet effectively even out skin texture and tone, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, minimize pore size, diminish acne scarring, as well as reduce hyperpigmentation. Great for all skin types.
FADE AWAY PEEL
Our signature revitalizing peel offers a surge of peptides, salicylic acid and lactic acid to reawaken skin. It is excellent for fine lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity, as well as photodamaged skin. It reduces breakouts and marks, as well as evens out skin tone and texture. (Not recommended for darker skin types.)
TCA PEEL 20%
A TCA Peel decreases moderate to severe hyperpigmentation, fine lines and coarse wrinkles, as well as combats aging and melasma. This treatment is also recommended for use on the hands. (Not recommended for dark skin types.)
LIP AND EYE PEEL
A combination of TCA and lactic acid targets fine lines and hyperpigmentation, as well as stimulates collagen production.
NECK AND CHEST PEEL
A combination of pyruvic, lactic and ferulic acids improves skin imperfections caused by photodamaged and aging skin. This peel is great for crêpey skin.
Highly effective at healing mild to moderate sun damage, fading dark spots and scars, as well as diminishing lines and coarse wrinkles on the hands. This peel immediately brightens skin on the hands and improves skin tone and texture.
- A Chemical Peel takes a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area.
- An acid solution of a specific concentration is applied to the face.
- Works to quickly, gently and effectively dissolve dead skin cells and surface debris.
- Reveals the fresh, new skin that’s underneath.
- Targets dead skin cells, while preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
- Begin by scheduling a chemical peel once a month for several months.
- Maintain overall skin renewal with a peel once every few months.
- Additional sessions may be needed to target specific skin imperfections.
- We feature an array of formulations in different concentrations to complement any skin type, tone or concern.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results