Microdermabrasion NYC: Advanced Exfoliation for Renewed, Revitalized Skin
Does dull, tired skin need a quick pick-me-up? Revive and restore with a Microdermabrasion Facial. It’s a noninvasive, nonchemical exfoliation method that’s highly-effective at resurfacing the skin. Get set for an instant youthful glow, New York City!
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Quick, noninvasive and easily tolerated
- Gently exfoliates dry, dead, dull skin
- Reveals fresh, healthy skin
- Restores minor skin imperfections
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Imparts a radiant glow to skin
Microdermabrasion is a highly-effective exfoliation procedure that uses a fine-mist spray of microcrystals to gently abrade the skin, removing the outer layer of dead skin cells and restoring a youthful glow to the face.
Microdermabrasion uses controlled physical exfoliation to slough off skin cells and surface debris. This makes it a great skin resurfacing tool to combat superficial skin imperfections and restore an even texture and tone to the skin. Additionally, this spa treatment can help to minimize some of the more difficult skin conditions, especially when performed in a series, including effectiveness for:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Large pores
- Mild hyperpigmentation
- Mild age spots, dark spots, skin discoloration (hyperpigmentation)
A treatment is actually quite simple. A session takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes. During your appointment, our Microderm device is placed on the face. The target area is gently lifted and sprayed with a stream of crystals, which gently abrades and exfoliates the skin and stimulates blood circulation.
We offer only the best Microderm exfoliator tool that makes use of crystals. The advantage of crystals is that they are a finer material than diamonds. As a result, they represent a gentler and less abrasive alternative to harsher, diamond Microderm.
Microderm facial benefits include instantly brighter, smoother and more even and glowing skin. The treatment will continue working over the next few weeks to accelerate cellular turnover, promote blood circulation and transform the skin.
A series of treatments achieves the best results, allowing for more effective control and a focus on individual skin conditions. We recommend a series of 5-8 sessions to maintain overall skin renewal. It’s best to seek a consultation with a skincare professional to find out how many treatments are needed to target more challenging skin concerns, such as use on acne prone skin.
Our machines provide the most effective and desirable treatments for your skin, leaving little or no redness or swelling. Most clients consider the treatment to be pain-free, but can experience some skin tenderness afterwards. This usually subsides within a day or so. There’s no recovery time following Microderm treatement, which means that you can return to normal activity immediately following the procedure.
Sun protection is important at all time, and this is particularly true after treatment. A session does make the skin more sensitive to the harmful rays of the sun. The reason is that it removes the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, exposing the sensitive layer underneath. This leaves the skin vulnerable to sunburn and, although unlikely, has potential for hyperpigmentation. We recommend that you apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to be on the safe side.
Put simply, Microdermabrasion has gotten a bad rap. It’s important to remember that the spray of crystals during a session is gentle and targets dead cells on the surface of the skin. Therefore, the myths of Microdermabrasion dangers, such as Microdermabrasion burn or extensive Microdermabrasion healing time or scratches on the face after Microdermabrasion, are just that: myths. A likely reason that so much misinformation is because it is often confused with Dermabrasion (see below), which is a much more aggressive procedure. The truth about the treatment is that it is noninvasive and chemical-free, which makes it well-tolerated and generally safe.
Both treatments offer the benefit of physical exfoliation to resurface the skin. The difference between Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion is in the intensity of the resurfacing. Specifically, Dermabrasion is the more aggressive and drastic of the two treatments. While Microdermabrasion removes dead tissue, it preserves healthy tissue underneath. On the other hand, a Dermabrasion machine forcibly removes deeper layers of the dermis, which are still viable and healthy. This provides a more dramatic result; however, Dermabrasion risks and downtime are more significant than Microdermabrasion. Risks following Dermabrasion include scarring, permanent hyperpigmentation of the treatment area and infection. Dermabrasion healing time typically takes between 10-14 days.
It is best performed by a trained and licensed esthetician with experience using medical grade aluminum chloride crystals. These are the highest quality materials, which are not available in at-home kits. Additionally, they require experience handling, in order to assure both maximum safety and effectiveness. Our advice: skip the Microdermabrasion kit for home and opt for professional treatment.
Our Microdermabrasion facial exfoliates and renews your skin to reveal your youthful look. However, depending on your skin type and skincare concerns, you may want to consider another method offered by Smooth Synergy to exfoliate the skin. For example, a Chemical Peel or Dermaplaning Facial may be better than Microdermabrasion for people with active acne and Rosacea, as well as for sensitive or inflamed skin. The reason is that the suction mechanism of Microdermabrasion carries a slight risk of breaking capillaries or making these conditions worse. Further, certain deep skin conditions may respond better to a Chemical Peel than Microdermabrasion, like hyperpigmentation, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) or deep acne scars. During consultation, a skincare professional can help you decide which exfoliation method is right for you.
Our skin care consultants guarantee the best Microdermabrasion treatment to rejuvenate and maintain the health of your skin. Escape from the bustle of New York and come to Smooth Synergy Manhattan medical spa where you can relax, rejuvenate, and be pampered by NYC’s finest facialists. We offer unmatched skill and experience with Microdermabrasion, as well as exfoliation treatments like Facial Peels and Dermaplaning, along with a comprehensive menu of skincare and beauty treatments. Contact us today at 212-397-0111 to book an appointment. And get ready to leave with a younger, fresher face, and the confidence you need, in order to take on the world.
- Microdermabrasion takes a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area.
- Uses controlled physical exfoliation to gently slough off skin cells and surface debris.
- Reveals the fresh, new skin that’s underneath.
- Targets dead skin cells, while preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
- Begin with a series of 5-8 sessions for overall skin rejuvenation.
- Follow with additional sessions to be determined by you and your esthetician, in order to:
- Maintain overall skin renewal or
- Addresss more challenging skin concerns, such as balancing acne prone skin or restoring skin imperfections.
- Microdermabrasion is highly effective at:
- Revealing fresh, healthy skin
- Repairing minor skin imperfections
- Evening out skin tone and texture
- Diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Noticeable, instant results, including a radiant glow.
- Continues to accelerate cellular turnover, promote blood circulation and transform the skin over the next few weeks.
- No needles, no heat, no chemicals, no surgery — makes treatment safe and easily tolerated.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with no post treatment downtime.
- A great treatment for restoring a youthful, refreshed appearance.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results