Lip Fillers NYC | What is the Best Lip Filler Injection?
Dermal Fillers NYC: What is a Lip Filler?
Longing for luscious lips? Whether that means diminishing lip lines or adding a subtle plump, the best treatment around is a dermal filler. But which filler is right to help you achieve your specific goals? Here’s all you need to know about lip fillers, courtesy of Smooth Synergy in NYC:
Benefits of a Dermal Filler for Lips
- Safe, effective and FDA-approved
- No surgery or anesthesia
- Can change, shape or add volume to the lips
- Can restore a thinning lip for a youthful appearance
- Can diminish vertical wrinkles
- Sources naturally-occurring Hyaluronic Acid
Lip Fillers FAQs
An injectable dermal filler is the treatment of choice for nonsurgical lip enhancement or lip augmentation. Making use of Hyaluronic Acid (HA), it works to replenish depleted HA. This naturally-occuring molecule in the body is responsible for keeping the skin hydrated. Additionally, it nourishes the scaffold of connective tissue under the skin that provide support for the mouth. By restoring HA levels, a dermal filler works to enhance contours, soften lines and add volume to the lips.
A thin lip or wrinkles on the mouth occur as a natural part of the aging process. Specifically, our bodies produce less Hyaluronic Acid as we age. Without this nourishing and hydrating element, elastin and collagen fibers struggle to provide support for the skin. As a result, we lose volume on the lips.
A dermal filler for lips will work to:
- Increase the size of the lips – by plumping the lips, a filler will add volume to a thin lip.
- Reduce lip lines — filling in the lips works to diminish vertical lines on the mouth.
- Add symmetry to the lips – Sometimes, people are concerned that either their upper lip and lower lip is fuller than the other. A filler will work to add balance to lips that are out of proportion to one another.
- Change the shape of the lips — A filler can change the contour of the lip. For example, by placing product at the corners of the mouth, it can elongate a short lip. By placing product in the cupid’s bow, it can add more pucker to the lip.
Before we get to lip fillers, let’s discuss HA filler options in general. Specifically, Juvederm (Allergan), Restylane (Galderma) and Belotero (Merz) are all brands of cosmetic fillers derived from Hyaluronic Acid.
Each of these brands offers a complete product line of fillers. Specifically, each filler in their line will vary by the weight and viscosity of its HA molecules. The variation in each formulation will impact the results that you see on the lips. For example, a “softer filler” with less weight and viscosity will conform to surrounding tissue more, while a more viscous filler will maintain its shape better.
In a nutshell, each filler is distinct in its ability to change, shape or add volume to the lip. What this means is there’s no one best filler for the lips. Which to get depends on your desired treatment outcomes.
As we said above, there’s no one filler that’s best for lips. We always suggest coming into Smooth Synergy for a consultation with our doctor. He will discuss your treatment goals and make a recommendation about which lip filler can achieve them. That said, there are a few options that are generally our go-to type of filler for the lips.
Juvederm Ultra has a higher concentration of HA, which means it’s great for adding volume to or changing the structure of the lips.
Juvederm Volbella has a softer consistency for a subtle plump and for reversing lip lines.
Restylane Silk is another option for a softer, subtler look to the lips.
Belotero Balance offers the advantage of fully integrating with the skin, in order to provide superior improvement to etched in lines on or around the mouth.
Fillers are instantly effective at plumping the lips. Depending on the filler, they generally last between 6-18 months. After this time, a maintenance regime is required,
Treatment with dermal fillers is fairly straightforward. A super fine needle minimizes pain and side effects, such as bruising. That said, any injection (even for the flu) runs a risk of causing bruising or swelling. If either occur, they typically resolve in a few days. Ice packs or arnica gel can minimize them, respectively.
How many syringes of filler depends on the area treated, as well as the correction desired. In general, we suggest that you scheduling a complimentary consultation to determine the cost of treatment.
Finding the best dermal filler doctor is as important as understanding the difference between fillers. Look for a combination of medical expertise and a proven record of performing filler procedures on many patients. This experience will translate into an understanding of the arsenal of specialized fillers available today, as well as how to use them to help you achieve your skincare goals.
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in New York City, we offer a comprehensive menu of skin-restoring treatments that includes the complete line of HA Fillers, including Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero. Book a consultation with our skin care specialists to help you decide which one is best for you. Call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an expert in beauty and schedule a complementary consultation.
- Results in under an hour.
- Naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid promotes deep hydration of the skin and supports collagen production.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with minimal discomfort and no post treatment downtime.
- In general, hyaluronic acid fillers vary by the viscosity and weight of their particle size.
- This makes each formulation suited to address particular signs of aging.
- Maintenance every 6-18 months assures long-lasting results.