Jeuveau NYC: An Alternative to Botox for Smoothing Wrinkles by Evolvus
Cosmetic injectables are famous for fighting signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Of course, we all know the most popular neurotoxin, Botox. If you haven’t taken advantage of it yourself yet, you likely know someone who has. Lesser-known injectables like Dysport and Xeomin are equally effective. And, now, there’s a new neurotoxin on the block, called Jeuveau. So you’ve likely found this page asking, ““Botox vs Jeuveau?” or “What’s the difference between Jeuveau and Botox?” Smooth Synergy is here to help you get educated about which one is right for you:
Benefits of Jeuveau Cosmetic Injectable
- FDA approved
- Quick with no downtime
- Minimally-invasive alternative to plastic surgery
- Restores a fresh appearance to the face
- Improves the skin’s texture
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
Jeuveau, also known as Newtox, recently entered the cosmetic aesthetic market as a competitor to Botox Cosmetic. Like Botox, Jeaveau is a neurotoxin injectable that temporarily stops muscle contractions. As a result, it has a superior ability to smooth away the appearance of wrinkles.
In most ways, Jeaveau and Botox are similar. That’s because they both make use of the same active ingredient to achieve reduction of frown lines. Called Botulinum toxin, it’s a protein produced by Clostridium botulinum bacterium.
There are a few differences between Jeuveau and Botox. That said, generally speaking, these differences will not impact treatment protocols, safety profile and/or aesthetic results. They include:
- Jeuveau is manufactured by Evolus, while Botox is manufactured by Allergan.
- Botox has a proven track-record, having received FDA approval in 1989; whereas, Jeuveau came on the market in 2019.
- Jeuveau is the only neurotoxin developed solely for cosmetic and aesthetic purposes. On the other hand, Botox has application for medical conditions, such as chronic migraines, overactive bladder and/or muscle spasticity.
Jeuveau received FDA approval for the reduction of moderate to severe glabellar lines in 2019. This approval was based on two clinical trials in the U.S with double-blind placebo studies. Both studies met their goal of reducing frown lines in a 30 day period. In the first, 65.7% of patients reported improved results, while 70.4% of patients in the second study achieved results. Previously to FDA approval in the U.S., Jeuveau was successfully launched in South Korea in 2014 under the name Nabota.
You will begin to see results between 3-7 days after injection. Neurotoxins work to temporarily reduce wrinkles for 3-6 months, at which point additional treatment is warranted to maintain results.
Risks, bad results and problems are less common than cosmetic surgery. In general, cosmetic injectables are considered safe and severe symptoms are rare. This is particularly true when administered in tiny amounts by a licensed professional. However, anytime you get injected, even for the flu shot, minor swelling and bruising that usually subsides in a few days is possible. Injection complications happen occasionally, including rash symptoms.
A neurotoxin treatment is a quick 10-20 minute procedure, which requires no incisions and makes use of super-fine needles. It’s generally considered easily tolerated, although, it’s important to note that individual responses to pain vary.
Because it’s a minimally-invasive alternative to cosmetic surgery, it usually comes with no downtime. Generally speaking, you can return to normal activity following treatment. It’s important to avoid strenuous exercise or lying down for four hours after treatment.
Gathering information about which injectable is right for you is important. And there’s another component to add to that equation — finding the right doctor or provider to administer the injectable. At Smooth Synergy, our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas, has over 15 years experience administering injectables. He’s not only a trusted medical physician, but has a keen eye for aesthetics. He has a knack for understanding the face and knowing where to place product to make you look your best.
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in New York City is pleased to offer the complete line of neurotoxins, including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau. To find out which one is right for you, please contact an Expert in Beauty at 212-397-0111. We are here to listen to your skincare concerns, and create a customized treatment plan that meets your individual beauty needs.
- Jeuveau is a quick and effective 10-20 minute procedure.
- Blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles.
- Temporarily prevents contraction of the muscles that cause expression lines.
- Use of numbing cream makes treatment easily tolerable.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with minimal discomfort and no post treatment downtime.
- Skin-smoothing results take effect approximately a week following treatment.
- Maintenance every 3-4 months assures long-lasting results.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results