Hand Peel Treatments
Hand Peel, NYC: Turn Back the Clock and Rejuvenate the Skin on Your Hands
Crepey skin on hands? Age spots or dark marks? Wrinkled hands? They’re all tell-tale signs of aging, sun damage and neglect. Get set to strip away impurities and clarify your skin with one of our hand peel treatments. A chemical peel is one of the best treatments to exfoliate the skin, target skin imperfections and return a youthful glow to your hands . Because your hands deserve as much TLC as your face, New York City!
Benefits of a Chemical Peel for Hand Rejuvenation
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Rejuvenates dull, lifeless skin
- Reveals brighter, healthier skin
- Evens out skin tone and texture
- Smooths wrinkled hands
- Diminishes saggy skin
- Revives dry, crepey, skin on hands
- Targets skin imperfections like scars, age spots or dark marks
- Plumps skin to minimize the appearance of veiny hands
A chemical peel is a skin resurfacing technique that improves the texture and tone of the skin on the hands. By using a chemical solution to dissolve the dead skin cells that sit on the surface of the skin, a hand peel will reveal the fresher, younger looking skin that’s beneath.
Before we get to the specific of chemical peels for hand rejuvenation, let’s talk about why crepey, veiny or wrinkly skin on the hands happens in the first place. Our hands are constantly exposed to sun, environmental stress and free radicals. And, while we take time to protect our faces from sun damage, our hands are often neglected. Further, the skin on the hands is more vulnerable to these elements. It’s thinner, has fewer reparative oil glands and less elastin, which makes them more susceptible to sun damage and aging.
The exfoliating effect of a hand peel makes it highly effective for removing dead skin cells, which promotes cellular turnover and collagen production. As a result, it works to improve the appearance of crepey, sagging skin; diminish fine lines and wrinkles; fade redness or discoloration; even out skin tone and texture; as well as target skin imperfections like freckles, age spots, sun spots or dark or brown marks on hands.
Offering different chemical hand peels allows our estheticians to customize each treatment to meet the individual skincare concerns of each client. Chemical peels differ in a variety of ways:
- Acid Solution — Each peel takes advantage of a different acid as its active ingredient. Salicylic, glycolic, lactic or pyruvic acid are a few examples. Each provides different benefits for the skin.
- Acid Concentration — Each formulation will peel to different depths of the skin. It all depends on the percentage of acid in the peel’s concentration.
- Mechanism of Action — Facial peels differ in the way in which they lift off skin. While some peels lift off deep skin in a layer (called sheet peeling), others work by flaking off the skin.
Speak to one of our experts in beauty to find out which chemical hand peel is right for you.
If you’re targeting a specific concern, like age spots, we recommend coming in for a hand peel once a month. For general skin turnover and anti-aging benefit, an appointment for a peel can be scheduled once every few months.
You can return to normal activity after a hand peel. Generally, skin will not appear red. However, your skin will look better in ten days than it does right immediately following the peel. Depending on the peel, you may have flaking or layer flaking two to three days following the treatment. That’s why it’s best to avoid the gym until the peeling process begins.
It takes just a short trip to our Manhattan spa to erase years of time, Call Smooth Synergy Medical Spa at 212-397-0111 to schedule an appointment or to speak with an Expert in Beauty about our comprehensive menu of treatments for the hands, including chemical peels. She’ll help you customize a treatment plan to meet your individual skincare needs.
- A Chemical Peel takes a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treatment area.
- An acid solution of a specific concentration is applied to the skin.
- Works to quickly, gently and effectively dissolve dead skin cells and surface debris.
- Reveals the fresh, new skin that’s underneath.
- Targets dead skin cells, while preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
- Begin by scheduling a chemical peel once a month for several months.
- Maintain overall skin renewal with a peel once every few months.
- Additional sessions may be needed to target specific skin imperfections.
- Our comprehensive menu of chemical peels features an array of formulations in different concentrations to complement any skin type, tone or concern.
- A Chemical Peel is highly effective at:
- Revealing fresh, healthy skin,
- Targeting skin imperfections, such as age spots, brown marks, acne scars and melasma,
- Evening out skin tone and texture,
- Diminishing fine lines and wrinkles,
- Plumping skin
- Minimizing the appearance of veins,
- Restoring a youthful appearance to photodamaged or aging skin.
- Noticeable, instant results, including a radiant glow.
- Over the next few weeks, the treatment will continue to:
- accelerate cellular turnover,
- promote blood circulation, and
- transform the skin.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with no post treatment downtime.
- Our experienced estheticians combine the best ingredients for your skin type with masterful techniques to provide you with superior results.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results