Facial Cupping Therapy Treatments
Facial Cupping NYC: A Gentle Massaging Action Revitalizes the Skin
The ancient asian practice of facial cupping brings soothing, healing and rejuvenating benefits to the face.
Benefits of Cupping the Face
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Stimulates blood circulation and collagen production
- Benefits sinusitis, congestion and TMJ
- Encourages absorption of skincare products
Cupping therapy for the face uses massage to reach the level of the fascia and lymphatic system. The fascia is a sheet of connective tissue that’s responsible for skin’s firmness and elasticity. The lymphatic system is a network of vessels that maintains the skin’s fluid balance and removes toxins from the body. Facial cupping gently stretches the fascia, while stimulating the lymphatic system. This dual action promotes collagen production and blood circulation, brings nutrients and oxygen to the skin and helps the body flush out toxins and impurities.
After cupping, fine lines and wrinkles plump up, while facial muscles relax and soften. Also, facial cupping can result in a softening of acne scars, relief from sinus pain and congestion, as well as reduction in the pain and symptoms associated with TMJ.
During body cupping, the cups are often placed on the skin without lubrication and may be left on the body for up to 30 minutes. On the other hand, wet cupping (called dynamic cupping) is the preferred method of treatment for maximum healing benefit to the face. Dynamic cupping includes the use of special facial cups and a light serum, which allows the cups to continuously move over the surface of the skin. The esthetician lightly guides the lubricated cups towards the lymphatic stem to draw out stagnant tissue and aid in the removal of wastes and toxins.
Cupping is a noninvasive skincare treatment, which means that patients can return to normal activity following treatment. Further, it is a well-tolerated treatment that many consider as soothing as a massage. However, it is important to have cupping done by a professional esthetician, who is trained in proper technique. Because the vascular system on the face is intricate and delicate, if not done correctly, a cupping session may include risk of bruising and swelling.
When performed together, an Endermolift and facial cupping provide the perfect purifying synergy for the skin. Because they are both designed to stimulate lymphatic drainage, they work together to promote healing, reduce bruising and swelling and remove toxins from the skin. Further, both Endermolift and Facial Cupping are highly efficacious pre and post facial and eye surgery, and have been shown to reduce sinus issues and fibromyalgia pain.
Smooth Synergy Med Spa boasts over 15 years experience in the medical spa industry, standing by our reputation of providing real solutions and superior results. Facial Cupping is included in our carefully curated menu of beauty and skincare solutions. Call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an Expert in Beauty about your skincare concerns and find out if Facial Cupping might be right for you.
- Facial Cupping is a treatment that combines facial cups with a light serum.
- A licensed esthetician will gently glide the cups over the face for a massage that reaches the level of the fascia and the lymphatic system.
- The fascia is a sheet of connective tissue that’s responsible for the skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- The lymphatic system is a network of vessels that maintains the skin’s fluid balance and removes toxins from the body.
- By gently stretching the fascia and stimulating the lympatic system, cupping therapy:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production,
- Brings nutrients and oxygen to the skin,
- Helps the body flush out toxins and impurities.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results