Dermaplaning Facial NYC: Exfoliate and Reveal Healthy Skin
Ready to rave about baby smooth skin? Smooth Synergy offers dermaplaning, a hot new exfoliation treatment that results in instantly more radiant and healthy-looking skin.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Exfoliates dry, dull, dead skin
- Removes vellus hair (aka peach fuzz)
- Improves makeup application
- Improves penetration of skincare products
- Reveals healthy, glowing skin
During a dermaplaning procedure, an esthetician, will place a small, sharp and sterile blade on the face at a 45 degree angle. In gentle upward motions, she will work to remove vellus hair (aka peach fuzz), resurface the skin and improve skin texture and tone.
A dermaplaning facial will exfoliate three weeks worth of dead skin cells for immediately smoother skin. At the same time, the treatment will remove vellus hair (aka peach fuzz) on the face. This dual action will cause your skin care products to penetrate more easily and effectively and makeup to go on more smoothly and evenly. Further, the treatment will continue working over the next few weeks to accelerate cellular turnover. After a series of treatments, the treatment can smooth wrinkles, lighten dark spots, reduce acne scarring and remove fine facial hair.
There is typically no downtime following a dermaplaning treatment. Most clients consider it pain-free and find the treatment easily tolerated. Slight redness may occur immediately following the treatment, which usually dissipates within 1-2 hours.
The dermaplaning tool is a professional blade. That means it’s best to skip the DIY and have it done by a professional esthetician. Because an esthetician has gone through training to use the dermaplaning tool, she knows how to best and safely administer the treatment — including how many passes to take over the skin to get the right amount of exfoliation for your skin.
Dermaplaning is often recommended in conjunction with other skin treatments to optimize it’s exfoliating benefit for the skin. For example, a light peel, a facial and a mask with infused oxygen can be added to a dermaplaning treatment for superior results. Our esthetician are trained to analyze your skin and make recommendations about what exfoliating treatments are right for you.
As the first medical spa in NYC, Smooth Synergy Cosmedical Spa offers unparalleled experience delivering superior skincare results. Dermaplaning is just one offering from our comprehensive menu of treatments designed to meet your individual skincare concerns. Call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an Expert in Beauty who will create a personalized treatment plan to help you meet your skincare and beauty goals.
- Dermaplaning is a simple and effective 45-minute procedure.
- Gentle, upward motions of a small sterile blade work to remove vellus hair (aka peach fuzz), as well as gently remove dead skin cells and surface debris.
- Targets dead skin cells, while preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
- Reveals the fresh, new skin that’s underneath.
- Noticeable, instant results, including a radiant glow and baby smooth skin.
- Continues to accelerate cellular turnover, promote blood circulation and transform the skin over the next few weeks.
- Begin with a series of 5-8 sessions for best results.
- Follow with additional sessions to be determined by you and your esthetician, in order to:
- Maintain overall skin renewal or
- Addresss more challenging skin concerns, such as balancing acne prone skin or restoring skin imperfections.