Best PRP Hair Treatment in NYC
Best PRP Hair Treatment in NYC for Permanent Hair Restoration
PRP for hair loss is nothing short of a revolutionary approach to thinning hair. It offers a sweet spot in hair restoration. Unlike Minoxidil, it’s a permanent solution for hair regrowth. Unlike surgery, it’s minimally-invasive with a quick recovery time. The key to the treatment is the growth factors sourced from the blood, which have a powerful ability to repair the skin. Called Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP, they are equally effective at stimulating hair regrowth. Additionally, at Smooth Synergy in NYC, we only offer the Vampire Hair Therapy, which is one of the best standardized protocols for the cosmetic use of PRP on the market today.
Benefits of PRP Therapy for Hair Loss:
- Nonsurgical, safe, no downtime
- Sources healing factors from your own blood
- Stimulates hair follicle
- Boosts collagen production
- Promotes cellular turnover and stem cell growth
- Encourages blood flow to the scalp
- Results in permanent hair regrowth
Before and After
PRP for hair growth is highly effective for male and female pattern baldness. It’s due to the powerful regenerative properties of Platelet Rich Plasma (or PRP). Rich in proteins and growth factors, PRP stimulates the hair follicle to promote stem cell growth, collagen production and increased blood flow to the scalp. As a result, it will naturally restore your hair to its youthful appearance.
For hair growth, our medical expert, Dr. George, does a small blood draw and extracts the richest factors from the blood. Then, a numbing cream is used on the scalp, in order to make the treatment easily tolerated. Next, he injects PRP into the scalp. If needed, our medical estheticians follow by doing microneedling with PRP. Both injections and microneedling maximize the absorption of PRP deep within the hair follicle and along the scalp.
Because it’s a nonsurgical alternative to plastic surgery, recovery time is usually minimal. Some scalp tenderness and redness are normal. These tend to dissipate in 1-2 hours. Mild swelling can occur after any injection. It often occurs one to two days after the procedure and typically resolves itself within two days. If you experience any swelling, refrain from exercise or vigorous activity. It’s recommended that you bring a hat or cap to wear after treatment. Most people can return to normal activity immediately, including washing hair. The numbing cream can be greasy. Dawn is recommended to remove it. If you dye your hair, consider a vegetable-based dye, following Vampire Hair Restoration.
The results of scalp injection for hair regrowth are gradual and happen after a series of treatments. After 2-3 months, hair shedding will decrease and new hair growth will begin. Hair will continue to grow and will look its fullest and most robust after a year. Specifically, it will feel healthier, thicker, softer and more manageable at this point in treatment.
How many sessions you will need and, therefore, the price of PRP will depend on the quality of your hair to begin with, as well as your desired treatment outcomes. Speaking with an Expert in Beauty at Smooth Synergy is the best way to figure out cost of treatment.
Our Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas is a certified Vampire treatment provider, who received training from the creator of the Vampire treatments, Dr. Charles Runels. Additionally, he is one of a select few, who trains other providers to perform the Vampire treatments.
Smooth Synergy Med Spa in New York City has been a leader in the area of nonsurgical hair restoration techniques since opening in 2002. In addition to PRP for Hair Loss, we offer Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). Call us at 212-397-0111 to request a private consultation with one of our skincare professionals, who will help you decide which hair loss treatments are right for you.
- PRP Hair Therapy is a simple and effective 90 minute procedure.
- The richest growth factors in the blood, called PRP’s, are extracted from the blood.
- Then, they are injected into the scalp with a fine needle.
- Use of numbing cream assures a comfortable treatment.
- Works to trigger the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Promotes collagen and elastin production.
- Activates stem cell growth.
- No post treatment downtime.
- Three appointments scheduled a month to six weeks apart will result in fuller, thicker hair.
- Long-lasting results maintained anywhere from two years to permanently.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results