Best Botox Lips Treatment in NYC
Best Botox in NYC: Botox Lips Treatment aka Botox Lip Flip
Whether to get a Botox lip procedure depends on your beauty goals. Traditionally, a dermal filler, such as Juvederm or Belotero, would be considered the best treatment for lips — particularly, if you would like the fuller, pouty look rocked on Instagram and the red carpet. That said, Botox Cosmetic does have application for around the mouth. Smooth Synergy in NYC is your go-to source for everything you need to know about whether it’s right for you. Here’s more about Botox Lips Treatment:
Benefits of Botox for Lips
- FDA approved
- Quick with no downtime
- Minimally-invasive alternative to plastic surgery
- Diminishes lines around the mouth, such as Smoker’s Lines
- Creates a more open looking mouth
Botox Before and After
Botox for Lips FAQs
The key words for Botox are “around your lips”. Unlike dermal fillers that are injected directly into the lips to create a plumper appearance, Botox is injected both above and below the lips. As a result, the facial muscles around the mouth will relax. Consequently, the upper lip will flip upward and the lower lip will curl downwards. This will create lips that appear fuller and more open.
The procedure for lips is very similar to other areas of the face. It’s a quick 10-20 minute procedure, which requires no incisions and makes use of super-fine needles. Because it’s a minimally-invasive alternative to cosmetic surgery, it comes with no downtime and is usually considered easily tolerated. For lips, Botox is injected in tiny amounts at key points around the mouth.
- Are injected into the lips
- Plump the upper lips and/or lower lips
- Add volume
- Diminish lip wrinkles
- Typically last between 6-12 months
- Is injected around the mouth
- Flips the upper lip and/or lower lip
- Works on vertical lines and wrinkles around the mouth
- Results in a fuller, more open mouth
- Typically lasts between 3-6 months
In general, the goal of the Botox lip flip is to relax the muscles around the mouth locally, while assuring the mouth has a full range of motion. What that means is that a small amount of Botox is both needed and desired. Therefore, it, typically, costs less than other areas, such as Botox for frown lines around the forehead. That said, Botox price and units always depend on your desired treatment outcomes. Additionally, you may want to consider pairing Botox with a dermal filler, in order to get the lip plumping volume you’re looking for.
You’re most likely looking for one of the best Botox doctor in NYC. You’ve found him here! Smooth Synergy’s Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas, has over 15 years experience administering injectables and holds the distinction of being an Allergan Platinum Provider. He’s not only a trusted medical physician, but has a keen eye for aesthetics. He has a knack for understanding the face and knowing where to place Botox and other injectables, in order to give you natural-looking results. Call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111 to find out more about cosmetic injectables including Botox, Dysport and Xeomin, as well as our comprehensive menu of skincare and beauty treatments.
- Botox is a quick and effective 10-20 minute procedure.
- During a Botox Lip Flip treatment, cosmetic injectable is precisely placed around the mouth at strategic points.
- This causes the upper lip to “flip” up and the lower lip to curl downwards.
- Use of numbing cream makes treatment easily tolerable.
- A “lunchtime” procedure with minimal discomfort and no post treatment downtime.
- Results take effect approximately a week following treatment.
- Maintenance every 3-4 months assures long-lasting results.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results