When to Seek Help from a Medical Spa | Nicole Contos Insider Tips
Rosacea? Acne? Sunspots? These skin conditions are notoriously challenging to treat. They often require the expert advice and personal touch of a seasoned professional. At Smooth Synergy, my medical staff is here precisely because they have the skill and knowledge to provide results. I can say unequivocally that their work is unmatched by the cookie cutter store on the corner or DIY solutions from the internet. Here how’s to know when to seek help from a reputable medical spa, like Smooth Synergy:
Sensitive skin is not a one-size-fits-all proposition. Do you have rosacea? Is it caused by an environmental trigger? Or is the wrong product irritating your skin? A professional esthetician can analyze all of these things, in order to bring back balance to your skin. She’ll do this by:
- Figuring out what you’re reacting to, and, thus, what treatment/s will help.
- Steering you away from treatments and products that may be making your condition worse.
- Restoring the natural lipid barrier on the surface of the skin that protects you from UV damage, oxidative stress and, even, the harsh, cold winter.
Recommended Treatments: Mandelic Peel, Oxygen Treatment, Nicole Contos Calming Serum
Professional care for acne is important when:
- Your pimples won’t go away. You may need something stronger than over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
- You’re in pain. If zits have become so inflamed that they hurt, you may have cystic acne. Come see us for help.
- Your breakouts are leading to scars. We can help you avoid that forever reminder of your acne blemish in the first place. Or, if it’s already there, we can diminish its appearance.
Recommended Treatments: VI Peel, Rezenerate Facial, Nicole Contos’ Spot Relief
Sun damage, age spots and dark marks are beyond the scope of DIY for several reasons:
- Many forms of hyperpigmentation are hard to treat. And over-the-counter topicals are unlikely to yield visible results.
- Medical-grade ingredients or treatments that are strong enough to diminish discoloration can be harsh. Seek the hands of a skilled professional to ensure both safe and effective treatment.
- Your esthetician will likely take your skin tone into consideration when choosing treatment. Take out the guesswork and rest assured that she has the expertise to know what’s right for you.
Recommended Treatments: VI Peel, PRP Facial, Nicole Contos’ Retinol +
We only create personalized plans to assure the health of your individual skin. Come in for a complimentary consultation with an Expert in Beauty to create a treatment schedule to meet your specific skincare goals.
Can We Send Your Inbox Some Beauty?
Like what you just read from Nicole Contos, Founder & CEO of Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC? Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates and exclusive content straight to your inbox. Sign up to be a Beauty Insider.