RF Miconeedling for Stretch Marks? Does it Work? How to Treat Stretch Marks?
If stretch marks have become a roadmap across any area of your body, we’d like you to know there’s help! Put simply, the solution is Microneedling with Radiofrequency. It’s a top nonsurgical option to soften, fade or reduce those unsightly red or white lines, which are typically found on the butt, legs, thighs and, even, the arms or breast. Here’s how to get the best stretch marks treatment and results with our guide: RF Microneedling for Stretch Marks.
RF Microneedling for Stretch Marks
What is a Stretch Mark? Why Do They Appear on the Body?
Essentially, the stretch mark (aka striae) is a type of scar. When the skin expands abruptly, the supportive web of collagen and elastin weakens and ruptures. As a result, the skin doesn’t heal as it should. That’s when the skin becomes permanently streaked with colored lines. A perfect illustration is to think about what happens to a balloon when it’s blown up either too quickly or too much.
What Causes Stretch Marks? How Do They Develop?
Typically, the skin can stretch beyond its capacity for the following reasons:
- Weight gain
- Puberty or growth spurts (70% of adolescent girls develop stretch marks, 40% of adolescent boys)
- Hormonal shifts (increased cortisone levels can also weak elastin fibers and connective tissue)
- Weightlifting or weight training
- Genetic predisposition
- The natural course of aging
How Does Microneedling and Radiofrequency Work? How to Reduce Stretchmarks? What Results Can I Expect Before and After?
RF Microneedling results in a smoother, more even appearance to the surface of the skin. Specifically, it induces collagen and elastin production at multiple layers of the skin. As a result, lost collagen and elastin are replenished, and the body’s own natural healing process is sparked. Gradually and naturally, the skin is renewed from the inside out. Here’s how:
A Microneedling device holds a network of super fine needles. During the procedure, it makes controlled micro injury at customizable depths on the surface of the skin.
Radiofrequency uses bipolar RF energy at a specific wavelength, which gently heats the deeper layers of the skin.
But the real magic happens when the two treatments are used in tandem. Specifically, the microneedles create discrete channels at controlled depths in the skin. It’s these channels that allow the RF energy to penetrate to the skin in a more targeted way than it could on its own. As a result, it reaches deeper layers more effectively and efficiently to:
- maximize collagen and elastin production in the treatment area, while
- minimizing injury to the surface of the skin that can be caused by other scarring treatments. (For example, a laser will disperse more energy along the surface of the skin, precisely because it lacks microneedle channels to reach under the skin.)
Take an In-Depth Look at -> RF Microneedling
What Areas of the Body Are Stretch Mark Treatments For?
RF Microneedling is great for diminishing and reducing stretch marks on any area of the body. Typically, they are found on:
- Thigh Area / Inner Thighs / Upper Thighs
- Butt / Buttocks Area
- Stomach / Belly / Love Handles
- Arms / Inner Arm / Armpit Area
- Lower Back
- Outer Hips
Red vs. White Streaks: How to Remove Old Stretch Marks?
It’s true that stretch marks change with age. A fresh stretchmark will typically appear pink, dark, red or purple and may be slightly raised and itchy. With time, they typically recede and fade in color, either to silver, gray or white.
Put simply, younger stretchmarks are easier to reverse. In a nutshell, newly formed stretch marks are still in the process of healing. Thus, they’re easier to reduce or diminish.
Is Permanent Stretch Mark Removal Possible? How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Permanently?
In general, Microneedling with RF is a top treatment to improve skin texture and reverse skin damage. However, it’s important to note that stretch marks (and scarring in general) are lasting textural changes to the skin. Thus, Microneedling with Radiofrequency helps to effectively lighten and smooth their appearance.
How Many Sessions for Stretch Mark Reduction? What’s the RF Microneedling Stretch Mark Cost?
Our treatment recommendations always depend on the condition of your skin to begin with, as well as your personal beauty goals. We recommend coming in to speak with us to determine the RF Microneedling price for you.
Where’s the Best RF Microneedling in NYC? How to Minimize Pain, Side Effects and Recovery?
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa uses only the PiXel8-RF system. We stand by its proven ability to provide safe, comfortable and effective treatment. Specifically, it offers these advantages:
- Single-use Microneedling Cartridges assure hygiene and safety.
- Microneedling Pen that creates precise, vertical microwounds for quicker healing and superior collagen induction.
- Needle spacing that evenly penetrates the skin without overlapping
- Adjustable Needle Depth — a range of 0.5 ml to 3.5 ml gives the practitioner great flexibility to customize treatment for you.
- The option for the practitioner to use either insulated or non-insulated needles, depending on the skin tone of the client.
- Arctic Chill Cooling Device makes treatment more comfortable.
Learn More About -> PiXeL-8 RF
Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC? What’s the Best MediSpa in New York City?
Smooth Synergy Med Spa is conveniently located in Midtown East Manhattan and has been in business since 2002 in New York City. This experience gives us a distinct advantage in determining how to care for your skin. For more information about whether RF Microneedling for Stretch Marks is right for you, it’s best to come in for a complimentary consultation. An Expert in Beauty will evaluate your skin, answer all your questions and review our comprehensive menu of choices. Call us at 212-397-0111 to learn more.