What is Restylane L | Restylane L vs Lyft
What is Restylane L filler? Is there a difference between Restylane L and Restylane Lyft? On the surface, it seems to make sense to compare the pros and cons of these two dermal fillers. And, at first blush, you might expect a detailed answer about whether Restylane L or Lyft is best for you. Nope! Surprisingly, the answer is quite simple! Here’s more in today’s post: Restylane L vs Restylane Lyft, courtesy of the best medspa in NYC:
What is Restylane-L?
The “L” stands for Lidocaine. Basically, the Restylane-L product will contain a 0.3% concentration of Lidocaine along with the filler’s active ingredient, Hyaluronic Acid (HA). This goes for each of Restylane’s formulations, including Lyft, Contour, Defyne, Refyne, Silk and Kysse. Basically, you can choose to have your facial filler contain Lidocaine or not. Whether you choose Restylane or Restylane L, your dermal filler results will be exactly the same — increased volume in the treatment area.
Why is Lidocaine Included in Restylane L?
Lidocaine works to reduce any pain or discomfort during or after filler injection. In fact, Galderma, the makers of Restylane, did a clinical study of 60 patients with a side-to-side comparison of the two products. Specifically, one side was injected with Restylane alone, while the other side was injected with Restylane-L. At the time of injection, the side without Lidocaine received a 45 rating of pain on a scale of 0 to 100. In comparison, pain of about 15 was reported on the side with Lidocaine. Additionally, an hour after filler was injected, patients reported less pain with Lidocaine. In a nutshell, 71.7% of patients experienced less pain after injection with Lidocaine.
Even with Lidocaine, Should I Be Concerned About Pain, Downtime or Side Effects with Facial Fillers?
It’s uncommon for a client to choose Restylane without Lidocaine. If they do, it’s generally due to an allergy. That said, most clients report tolerable pain levels. In fact, a majority consider the stellar dermal filler results to be worth the side effects. It’s important to note; however, that pain levels are always individual. In general, cosmetic injectables are considered safe and effective with no downtime. Most patients can return to normal activity immediately following treatment. We do recommend avoiding intense physical exercise for 24-48 hours, in order to minimize swelling. Some patients experience mild and temporary swelling, bruising, numbness, tenderness or redness at the injection site. As with any injection, this is typical and usually minor. If you do experience any of these side effects, they usually resolve within a few hours to a few days. Topical icing is recommended to alleviate these symptoms.
How Do Dermal Fillers Differ? Can You Compare Restylane vs Restylane L?
Galderma makes the Restylane family of HA fillers. The line includes the following formulations: Lyft, Contour, Defyne, Refyne, Silk and Kysse. Here are their similarities:
- Each formulation can contain Lidocaine or not
- Each filler contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA) as it’s active ingredient
- The Hyaluronic Acid in each formulation works to immediately and temporarily add volume to the skin
Here’s how they differ:
- Each filler varies by molecular weight
- They also vary by particle size
- They are formulated differently to work on different areas of the face. For example, a heavier, harder filler can provide greater structure to an immobile area of the face (such as the cheeks). On the other hand, a lighter, softer filler can blend easily with more mobile tissue, such as the mouth.
Click for –> In-Depth Info on Dermal Fillers
What is Restylane Lyft?
In particular, Lyft has a larger particle size and heavier molecular weight. As a result, it’s typically used to provide sturdy structure to the midface, as well as reverse moderate to severe facial wrinkles and lines. Specifically, it’s a natural choice to:
- Restore cheeks
- Increase cheek volume
- Reverse midface contour deficiencies
- Support cheek augmentation
- Diminish creases and folds
- May also be used for nasolabial folds
How to Find a Restylane Doctor / Provider Near Me? Where to Get Fillers in New York?
With so many specialized facial fillers available, it’s important to find a reputable doctor who:
- Knows which formulation will work for your particular skincare concern
- Will take your individual anatomy and extent of aging into consideration
- Has experience knowing precisely where to inject product to get the filler results you’re looking for
- Knows how much product to use, in order to reverse noticeable signs of aging
- Can advise the right maintenance schedule to extend your filler results.
Our Medical Director, George Liakeas, MD ticks all these boxes. He’s been using Restylane and other cosmetic injectables for close to 20 years.
Where to Get a Face Filler Near Me? Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC?
Conveniently located in Midtown East, Manhattan, New York, Smooth Synergy Cosmedical Spa has been in business since 2002. It’s this experience that makes us a leader in the field of nonsurgical cosmetic aesthetics. We offer a comprehensive menu of skin-restoring treatments that includes the complete line of HA Fillers, including Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero. Book a consultation with our skin care specialists to help you decide which one is best for you. Call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an expert in beauty and schedule a complimentary consultation.