Radiofrequency: Before and After Care
Radiofrequency: What to Know Before and After Radiofrequency Treatment
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa, NYC, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your Radiofrequency treatment. In order to achieve optimal Radiofrequency results, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for Radiofrequency:
Pre-Care for Radiofrequency
Notify Smooth Synergy to schedule a different skin tightening procedure, if you have a Pacemaker, Internal Defibrillator or any active implanted device.
Six Months Prior
- Discontinue use of Accutane until after procedure.
Two Weeks Before
- Refrain from chemical peels, Botox or other cosmetic injectables, as well as dermal fillers.
- Discontinue use of any sun-sensitive antibiotics.
Three Days Before
- If you are prone to cold sores, notify the physician, who will prescribe a course of antiviral prophylactic treatment.
The Day of Your Procedure
- For male clients: arrive at the appointment clean shaven.
- Arrive at your appointment with a clean, makeup free face. Makeup wipes will be available, if not possible.
Post-Care for Radiofrequency
- Showering and cleansing the skin are allowed. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area. Refrain from vigorous rubbing of the skin. Apply product to the fingertips with tepid water and use gentle, circular motions on the skin.
- Continue with your regular skincare regime; however, discontinue use of Retin-a (tretinoin), Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Ziana, Veltin, Atralin or any exfoliating agents with harsh abrasives or acids for seven days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Hydrate well for seven days following procedure.
- Refrain from tanning or prolonged sun exposure for two weeks after the procedure. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to the treatment area for up to two weeks to avoid incidental sun exposure.
- Refrain from laser treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, waxing and depilatories for two weeks.
- With the exception of strenuous exercise, you may return to normal activity.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process. They may be alleviated with simple measures, as described above.
- Immediately following treatment, your skin may appear flushed, which usually subsides within several hours.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Radiofrequency works well to restore a youthful appearance to maturing skin. Collagen fibers tighten immediately following the procedure, which results in skin that has a smoother texture and appears more radiant. Collagen will continue to grow and, after a series of sessions, fine lines and wrinkles will improve, skin will smooth out and appear plumper.
For best results, a series of radio frequency treatments is recommended, in order to encourage a long lasting lift and to improve volume on the face.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results