PDO Thread Lift | PDO Threading NYC
PDO Thread Lift NYC | PDO Threading Treatment for Lifting and Tightening the Skin on the Face Brow, Eyelids, Jowls & Lips
Are the effects of gravity giving away your age? Do you long for the look of days past? A PDO Threading Lift is a highly effective nonsurgical alternative to plastic surgery. So reveal a younger you with PDO Threads, NYC!
Benefits of a PDO Threading Facelift
- Little to no downtime
- Immediate results
- Rejuvenates collagen and elastin
- Promotes cellular turnover
- Encourages blood flow the the face
- Improves skin’s texture and tone
- Minimizes wrinkles
- Lifts, firms and tightens
- Works for areas including full face, eyebrow, under eyes, lips, chin & jowls
- Restores the facial contour
A Threads Face Lift takes advantage of temporary, unnoticeable sutures along the tension lines on the face to tighten, lift and firm loose skin. As a nonsurgical alternative to a face lift, PDO threads are ideal to restore a V-shaped contour to the face and to improve:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging jowls
- Loose skin under the chin / near the neck
- Drooping eyelids
- Saggy brows
- Aging lips
Instead of removing skin surgically, PDO Face Threading suspends portions of the hypodermis with powerful synthetic sutures to naturally sculpt the face. These sutures provide a framework under the skin, creating an instant lifting and tightening that lasts for approximately six months. After this period of time, the sutures will completely dissolve and be reabsorbed by the body. Long after the threads are gone (up to 18 months), the threading skin lift benefit will last.
Threads in face lifting work to create a skin restoring process in the body called bio-stimulation. Specifically, they trigger the body’s natural healing response, which:
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production,
- Promotes cellular turnover,
- And increases blood flow to the face.
This process continues after the PDO threads are placed under the skin. The body naturally attempts to heal the skin and expel the foreign objects. As a result, the lifted facial contour is maintained, even after the threads are gone.
Polydioxanone (PDO, PDS) or poly-p-dioxanone is a colorless, crystalline, biodegradable synthetic polymer. When used in threads, it is a commonly used material for pediatric cardiac surgery. For cosmetic skin rejuvenation, PDO threads have benefit due to their:
- Biological tolerability
- Complete absorption due to hydrolysis into the lymphatic system
- Low inflammatory reaction
- Hypoallergenic quality
Threads are safe and effective for many areas of the face, including use for:
- Crow’s feet / laugh lines at the corners of the eyes
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette Lines
- Eye lift including upper and lower eyelids
- Frown lines at the corners of the mouth
- Upper lip
- Lower face lift, including sagging jowls / chin lift
- Upper face lift, including cheeks
- To restore the complete facial profile
They also have clinical indication on the body including:
- Neck / Chest
- Arm / Armpit
- Inner thighs
PDO Threads are a quick, minimally invasive in-house procedure that takes between 20-40 minute, as follows:
- Smooth Synergy Medical Director, Dr. George Liakeas will consult with you about desired treatment outcomes.
- Based on this discussion, predetermined lines will be marked on the face with a while pencil or marker.
- A local anesthetic or Pro Nox self-administered analgesic may be indicated, based on personal pain tolerances and anxiety levels.
- Various lengths of thin, sterile acupuncture needles are used to strategically embed the threads in the dermis of the skin.
- The thread will be guided under the skin along the pre-marked lines.
- The needle is removed at the pre-marked end point.
- Steps 5 and 6 are repeated for each thread.
Mild swelling is common and lasts for 24-48 hours following treatment. Cold compresses and elevating the head can help. Although uncommon, some patients experience mild bruising. There is a small risk of temporary numbness, asymmetry and/or infection.
It’s important to note that individual responses to pain vary. However, because it’s a minimally-invasive alternative to cosmetic surgery, it comes with little to no downtime and is usually considered easily tolerated and safe. You may return to normal activity following treatment, although it’s advised that you sleep with your head propped up, as well as avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise for 2-3 weeks.
The threads themselves are hypoallergenic, safe and biocompatible to the body. Rarely, a single thread may break; however, it will be absorbed by the body.
A PDO thread lift is not permanent; however you can expect face tightening and lifting results for up to 18 months.
The Price of PDO Face Threading depends on a variety of factors, including:
- Your desired treatment outcomes,
- The quality of your skin before treatment.
- The number of threads used during treatment.
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa has been in business since 2002. This experience combined with a comprehensive menu of skincare solutions gives us an uncomparable ability to help you decide whether a PDO Thread Lift is right for you. Call us at 212-397-011 to schedule a complimentary consultation with an Expert in Beauty, who will listen to your skincare concerns and create a personalized treatment plan.
- A PDO Thread Lift is a simple and effective 20-40 minute procedure.
- Temporary, unnoticeables sutures along the tension lines of the face tighten, lift and firm loose skin.
- Additionally, sutures trigger bio-simulation or the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Works to rejuvenate collagen and elastin produciton, promote cellular turover and encourage blood flow to the face.
- Long after the threads have dissolved the skin rejuvenating benefit is maintained.
- Facelift lasts for up to 18 months.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results