O-Shot: Before and After Care
O-Shot: What to Know Before and After O-Shot Treatment
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa, NYC, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your treatment. In order to achieve optimal O-Shot results, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for the O-Shot:
Two Weeks Before O-Shot Treatment
- Refrain from use of excessive or unnecessary blood thinners.
One Week Before
- Use of any Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including over-the-counter medications like Ibuprofen (Motrin, Aleve) and Aspirin, as well as prescription medications like Naproxen is not recommended, as they may interfere with platelet function.
- Use Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain relief, when necessary.
Three Days Before
- Discontinue use of vaginal products.
- If you have a history of genital herpes, notify the physician, who will prescribe a course of antiviral prophylactic treatment.
- Refrain from bleaching in treatment area.
- Take a course of Arnica Homeopathic tablets until a day after treatment to decrease the occurrence of bruising.
- Notify Smooth Synergy to reschedule, If between now and your appointment, you:
- Are menstruating
- Have an active outbreak of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) or genital herpes
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
The Day of Your O-Shot Procedure
- Arrive with Pap Smear / Gynecologist clearance from within last 12 months.
- Comfort Measures:
- Be sure to eat a small meal prior to treatment.
- A topical numbing cream can be applied before treatment.
- If you elect to receive anti-anxiety medicine, such as Xanax, the physician will provide it to you on-site.
- Pro Nox self-administered analgesic is available to reduce pain and anxiety.
- If opting for anti-anxiety medication, arrange for transportation home following treatment.
- Allow up to two hours for anti-anxiety medication to wear off. Be sure you feel steady on your feet, before engaging in any activity.
- Showering and cleansing the treatment area are allowed, once medication has worn off. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Comfort Measures:
- Acetaminophen may be used for discomfort. Refrain from NSAID’s (see above) for seven days.
- Antihistamines, like Benadryl and Zyrtec, may be used for minor itching.
- For up to 48 hours following treatment, cool packs or ice can relieve minor discomfort and reduce swelling and bruising. Ice for a maximum of 20 minutes per hour. After 48 hours, switch to hot packs.
- Arnica Gel may be used for bruising.
- If extreme swelling or any unforeseen symptoms occur, please contact Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Post Treatment Expectations
- You may return to normal activity with the exception of strenuous exercise and including sexual intercourse after treatment.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process. They may be alleviated with simple measures, as described above.
- Immediately following treatment, the treatment area may appear flushed, which usually subsides within several hours.
- Mild tingling, swelling, soreness, and tenderness may occur for up to three days.
- Bruising, particularly at the injection site, may last for several weeks.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Most women will see an immediate vaginal rejuvenation benefit from the O-Shot. Additionally, collagen remodeling will continue for up to six months with results that can include:
- Improved pelvic and sexual health
- Stronger orgasms
- Tighter vaginal walls
- Increased lubrication in the vagina
- Enhanced sensitivity
- Relief from dyspareunia (painful sex)
- Relief from Lichen Sclerosis
- Relief from stress urinary incontinence
Following the initial treatment, schedule a treatment once a year to maintain results.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results