O-Shot: Before and After Care
O-Shot: What to Know Before and After O-Shot Treatment
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa, NYC, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your treatment. In order to achieve optimal O-Shot results, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for the O-Shot:
Two Weeks Before O-Shot Treatment
- Refrain from use of excessive or unnecessary blood thinners.
One Week Before
- Use of any Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including over-the-counter medications like Ibuprofen (Motrin, Aleve) and Aspirin, as well as prescription medications like Naproxen is not recommended, as they may interfere with platelet function.
- Use Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for pain relief, when necessary.
Three Days Before
- Discontinue use of vaginal products.
- If you have a history of genital herpes, notify the physician, who will prescribe a course of antiviral prophylactic treatment.
- Refrain from bleaching in treatment area.
- Take a course of Arnica Homeopathic tablets until a day after treatment to decrease the occurrence of bruising.
- Notify Smooth Synergy to reschedule, If between now and your appointment, you:
- Are menstruating
- Have an active outbreak of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) or genital herpes
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
The Day of Your O-Shot Procedure
- Arrive with Pap Smear / Gynecologist clearance from within last 12 months.
- Comfort Measures:
- Be sure to eat a small meal prior to treatment.
- A topical numbing cream can be applied before treatment.
- If you elect to receive anti-anxiety medicine, such as Xanax, the physician will provide it to you on-site.
- Pro Nox self-administered analgesic is available to reduce pain and anxiety.
- If opting for anti-anxiety medication, arrange for transportation home following treatment.
- Allow up to two hours for anti-anxiety medication to wear off. Be sure you feel steady on your feet, before engaging in any activity.
- Showering and cleansing the treatment area are allowed, once medication has worn off. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Comfort Measures:
- Acetaminophen may be used for discomfort. Refrain from NSAID’s (see above) for seven days.
- Antihistamines, like Benadryl and Zyrtec, may be used for minor itching.
- For up to 48 hours following treatment, cool packs or ice can relieve minor discomfort and reduce swelling and bruising. Ice for a maximum of 20 minutes per hour. After 48 hours, switch to hot packs.
- Arnica Gel may be used for bruising.
- If extreme swelling or any unforeseen symptoms occur, please contact Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Post Treatment Expectations
- You may return to normal activity with the exception of strenuous exercise and including sexual intercourse after treatment.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process. They may be alleviated with simple measures, as described above.
- Immediately following treatment, the treatment area may appear flushed, which usually subsides within several hours.
- Mild tingling, swelling, soreness, and tenderness may occur for up to three days.
- Bruising, particularly at the injection site, may last for several weeks.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Most women will see an immediate vaginal rejuvenation benefit from the O-Shot. Additionally, collagen remodeling will continue for up to six months with results that can include:
- Improved pelvic and sexual health
- Stronger orgasms
- Tighter vaginal walls
- Increased lubrication in the vagina
- Enhanced sensitivity
- Relief from dyspareunia (painful sex)
- Relief from Lichen Sclerosis
- Relief from stress urinary incontinence
Following the initial treatment, schedule a treatment once a year to maintain results.