Nasolabial Folds Filler | Best Fillers for Smile Lines, Creases, Folds or Wrinkles Around the Mouth
Lovelies, don’t let wrinkles, creases or deep folds rob you (and the world) of your beautiful smile! Hands down, a Hyaluronic (HA) filler is a top treatment to restore volume to Nasolabial Folds — even as we age. Dermal Fillers rank as one of the best nonsurgical options to bring back a youthful appearance. But, with so many filler brands and filler formulations on the market today, how do you know what’s right for you to get rid of wrinkles, fine lines or fissures around the mouth? In today’s post, we’ll explore the different cosmetic filler options available and how they work.
What are Nasolabial Folds? What Causes Smile Lines?
Also known as “Smile Lines”, Nasolabial Folds extend vertically from the nose to the chin on each side of the mouth. The reason they are also called Smile Lines is because they typically appear on everyone when smiling. In fact, they are so universal, they even appear on small children. However, they typically begin to become static and drag the face down in the 40’s. In the 50s and beyond, they grow into creases and folds. There causes include:
- Expression: Each person has their own way of expressing themselves. On the mouth in particular, the levator alae muscle is activated when we smile. With repeated use of this muscle, these expressions freeze into permanent lines or creases on the face.
- Facial Structure: Individual facial anatomy determines how, why and the extent to which we develop Nasolabial Folds.
- Soft-tissue Volume Loss: The aging process makes skin grow thinner, encourages fatty tissue loss, as well as the loss of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. As a result, the skin no longer sits smoothly on the face. That’s when wrinkles, creases and folds begin to appear around the mouth area.
- Bone Loss: With age, bone mass decreases, and the sturdy structure it once provided for the skin weakens. As a result, we experience lax skin and lose volume.
Can You Use Dermal Fillers on Nasolabial Folds?
A big yes! In fact, fillers are a treatment of choice around the mouth and in the lower face. Specifically, we can inject filler to improve:
- Nasolabial Folds around the nose and mouth
- Cheekbones / cheek area
- Corners of mouth / around the lips (Marionette Lines or Puppet Lines)
- In the lip area / on the mouth
- Jowls / Jawline
How Do Cosmetic Fillers Work?
We typically recommend a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler for Nasolabial Folds, because HA filler injections work to replenish lost hyaluronic acid and restore volume in the area.
Brands of HA Fillers include:
- Juvederm (Allergan)
- Restylane (Galderma)
- Belotero (Merz)
Each HA filler family offers a choice of formulations. While they all utilize HA as their active ingredient, each formulation differs by weight and viscosity. Therefore, each one performs differently in the skin.
What’s The Best Filler for Nasolabial Folds?
The extent of aging on the face will determine which formula is right to reduce your Nasolabial Folds. Specifically, thicker formulations are better suited for looser skin and deeper creasing, which happens because of:
- The natural course of aging
- Individual lifestyle factors (think smoking and diet)
- Sun damage
The deeper and more static the nasolabial folds, the greater the need for a thicker formulation to reach full correction.
Which Filler Injectable is Right for Me?
For personal filler recommendations, it’s advisable to make a complimentary consultation with an Expert in Beauty at Smooth Synergy, who will take your individual skin condition and beauty goals into consideration, when choosing a Nasolabial Fold filler. That said, here are the different formulas arranged from the thinnest to thickest.
Juvederm Filler (thinnest to thickest)
- Ultra Plus
Restylane HA Filler (thinnest to thickest)
Belotero Dermal Filler (thinneest to thickest)
- Basic/Belotero Balance
Click for -> Filler FAQs
What Nasolabial Fold Results Can I Expert Before and After Treatment?
Nasolabial Fold Filler results include:
- Diminishing fine lines, wrinkles, deep folds and creases around the mouth
- Restoring volume loss
- Replenishing thinning skin
- Plumping and smoothing the skin
- Improving skin texture
- Rejuvenating aging skin
Will Cheek Filler Lift Nasolabial Folds? What Will Work for Lower Face Sagging?
So there’s an interesting connection between the cheeks and Nasolabial Folds that often surprises our clients. Specifically, the cheekbones provide support for the skin, allowing it to hang smoothly from the cheeks downward. As we age, this supportive scaffold starts to weaken and the skin begins to sag. As a result Nasolabial Folds deepen. A Cheek Filler is designed to lift the skin and, thus, can work to smooth Nasolabial Folds.
How Long Do Face Fillers Last? What’s the Longest Lasting Filler?
Dermal Fillers are temporary and require additional treatment, in order to maintain results. Typically, filler results last anywhere between 6-18 months, depending on the filler. Other factors also determine the longevity of the filler including:
- Area of treatment, e.g. where injectable is used.
- How many units / syringes of product were used during treatment. Typically, full correction requires less maintenance.
- Individual factors, such as how quickly your body absorbs the product.
How to Find a Master Injector / Provider Near Me? Where to Get Fillers?
With so many filler options available, it’s important to see an experienced doctor, who:
- Knows which formulations will work for your particular skincare concern
- Will take your individual anatomy and extent of aging into consideration
- Knows where to inject product to get the Filler results you’re looking for
- Knows how much product to use to achieve natural results.
- Can advise the right maintenance schedule to extend these results.
Our Medical Director, George Liakeas, MD ticks all these boxes. He’s been using Cosmetic Injectables for 20 plus years.
Where to Get Lower Face Fillers Near Me? Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC?
Conveniently located in Midtown East, Manhattan, New York, Smooth Synergy Cosmedical Spa has been in business since 2002. It’s this experience that makes us a leader in the field of nonsurgical cosmetic aesthetics. We offer a comprehensive menu of top skin-restoring treatments that includes Neurotoxins and Dermal Fillers, including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeaveau, as well as Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero and Radiesse. Book a consultation with our skin care specialists to find out which one is best to restore volume to your Nasolabial Folds. Call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an expert in beauty and schedule a complimentary consultation.