Microneedling vs. RF Microneedling: Similarities and Differences
You’ve likely heard about the amazing ability of Microneedling to renew the skin. But Microneedling with Radiofrequency is a recent innovation that’s getting just as much buzz. So what’s the difference between Microneedling and RF Microneedling? Here’s all you need to know about Traditional Microneedling vs RF Microneedling:
What Microneedling Benefits Can I Expect?
Before we get to the differences between Microneedling and RF Microneedling, let’s talk about the benefits the two treatments share. Both work to boost skin renewal under the skin, including:
- Inducing collagen and elastin production
- Encouraging bloodflow to the skin
- Promoting cellular turnover
Both Microneedling and Microneedling with Radiofrequency spark these processes over time, in order to provide results including:
- Tightening and lifting skin on the face, jowls eyebrow, under eyes, chin and/or neck
- Smoothing wrinkles, creases and furrows
- Restoring mild to moderate skin laxity on the face and body
- Evening out skin tone and diminishing age spots, dark marks or brown spots
- Minimizing textural changes to the skin, such as stretch marks, burns and/or scarring
- Healing cystic acne
Microneedling vs RF Microneedling: What’s the Difference?
During a traditional microneedling treatment, your esthetician will pass a dermapen device called Rejuvapen over the skin. Specifically, this device holds super fine needles that make microinjury to the skin at predefined depths. As a result, the body’s natural healing response sparks a process of skin repair. Over time, this process works to rejuvenate the skin.
Microneedling with RF
The Microneedling part of the RF Microneedling treatment is similar to traditional treatment. As we explained above, super fine needles create superifical injury which, then, boosts skin renewal. It’s when Radiofrequency energy is added to traditional microneedling that a true synergy occurs. Because the RF energy is delivered through the needles, it’s able to:
- Penetrate to deeper layers of the skin. Specifically, the RF energy goes through the tips of the needles to gently heat underlying layers of skin. As a result, it has a superior ability to cause collagen and elastin fibers to tighten.
- Direct the RF energy under the skin in a targeted way. Specifically, the channels created by the Microneedles create thermal zones for the energy to be delivered exactly where it’s most needed.
In a nutshell, highly targeted RF energy delivered to the deeper layers of the skin produces faster, more noticeable results.
Where to Get Microneedling in NYC? Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa?
At Smooth Synergy in New York, we’ve been in business since 2002. This experience gives us an unparalled ability to create personalized treatment plans. Specifically, we offer Microneedling in many forms to meet the diverse skincare needs and budgets of our clientele, including:
- Microneedling as a stand-alone treatment
- Microneedling with PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma)
- Microneedling with Hyaluronic Acid
- Microneedling with Mesovitamins
- Microneedling with Radiofrequency
Call us at 212-39011 to schedule a complimentary consultation with an Expert in Beauty. She will listen to your skincare concerns and help you decide which of our Microneedling options is right for you.