Microdermabrasion / Chemical Peel, NYC
Microdermabrasion versus Chemical Peel? Both are go-to skincare treatments at Smooth Synergy to maintain bright, clear and smooth skin. They are highly effective exfoliation techniques to resurface the skin and remove dead skin cells. So which treatment is best to reveal a fresh, new you? Here are the key differences in what they are and what they do for the skin:
Microdermabrasion versus Chemical Peel
- Both treatments exfoliate the skin for a fresh-faced look. However, they differ in how they achieve clear, smooth skin. During a Facial Peel, a solution is applied to the surface of the skin for a period of time. Then, the solution is neutralized and removed. On the other hand, Microdermabrasion is a form of physical exfoliation. It gently abrades the skin with a fine mist spray of crystals to remove dead skin. Then, the debris is gently suctioned off the face with a vacuum.
- Chemical Peels are available in different strengths: mild (also called superficial facial peels), medium and deep. A Microdermabrasion treatment does not vary in formulation.
- Both Microdermabrasion and a Chemical Peel work well for superficial skin imperfections. For example, they improve skin texture and tone, as well as diminish fine lines and wrinkles. On the other hand, chemical peels (particularly the ones that reach a deeper level of the skin) are used to treat serious skin issues, like acne scars. Further, these deeper peels require more downtime, because of the higher concentration of their formula.
- Microdermabrasion may not be indicated for people with Rosacea or inflamed skin. The suction mechanism of the treatment carries a slight risk of breaking capillaries.
- Always consult an esthetician about the right chemical peel for your skin. For example, people with dark complexions should avoid certain facial peels to diminish the risk of a streaking effect. Further, people with recurring cold sores should try a different exfoliation method than a chemical peel treatment.
Which Exfoliation Treatment to Get at Smooth Synergy, NYC?
Smooth Synergy offers nine different formulations of chemical peels, as well as microdermabrasion and a whole host of other skincare treatments designed to resurface the skin. To figure out what exfoliating treatment is right for you, make an appointment with one of our experts in beauty. Call us at 212-397-0111 and share your personal skincare concerns and goals with us. We’re here to design a customized treatment plan to meet your individual skincare needs.