Micro Botox Facial | Skin Botox vs Botox Injections
Micro Botox? Skin Botox? Of course, we all know the wrinkle-reducing power of Botox injectable. However, there are other Botox uses as well. Case in point: the Micro Botox Facial. It’s a different application of Botox to treat so many top skin concerns — from pore size to acne (one client called it “instant glass skin” No arguments from us there!) Here’s all you need to know about Micro Botox, as well as how it differs from Botox injections, courtesy of the best medspa in NYC.
What is Micro Botox? Why Botox and Microneedling Together? Is it Good for Pores? For Under Eyes?
Micro Botox (aka Botox Facial, Skin Botox, MicroTox or MesoBotox) has been popular in South Korea for over a decade, and has been gaining traction in the US ever since. It combines diluted neurotoxin with microneedling to deliver a cocktail of skin-repairing ingredients under the skin. As a result, the Botox Facial can achieve many different benefits across the entire face. An example of its versatility? It’s as effective at reducing pore size as it is for smoothing the under eye area.
But there’s so much more! Let’s drill down further on why combining Botox and microneedling is so effective, as well as how it differs from Botox Injectable.
Injections vs Microneedling? How are They Different?
Before we get to the difference between Micro Botox and Botox injectable, let’s talk about their similarities. Both Micro Botox and Botox injections:
- Make use of Botulinum Toxin in the form of a FDA-approved neuromodulator including: Botox Cosmetic, Dysport, Xeomin or Jeaveau.
- Are highly, effective, safe and non-surgical applications to rejuvenate the skin
- Typically, have minimal downtime and/or side effects
- Both are considered “lunchtime” procedures and can be easily performed in under an hour.
- Can be used to rejuvenate similar areas of the face, including the forehead, the corners of the eyes, on and around the lips, as well as around the mouth and chin
Micro-Botox or Botox Injectable? What’s the Difference? What to Expect Before and After Treatment?
The difference between Botox injections and Micro-Botox has to do with
- The amount of product used
- How the product is delivered
- The result following treatment
- How long results last
Let’s drill down on each of these:
Micro Botox Facial
- The amount of product used is smaller than during a Botox injectable session. In fact, it’s often referred to as a “microdose” or “microinfusion”. Additionally, during a microdosing session, the Botox is mixed together with other skin-repairing serums.
- Botox is delivered as a diluted solution, which is microneedled into the superficial layers of the skin. The microneedles are used at a shallow and consistent depth across the entire face.
- The result is that microinfusions of Botox do not reach the muscle, but cover much more of the surface area of the face. Further, using Botox with additional ingredients assures a variety of benefits to the skin. What’s more, by personalizing ingredients in the serum, the result is tailored to your own needs. Depending on your needs, it can work to tighten skin, reduce redness, shrink pore size, as well as diminish oil production, in order to improve acneic skin and help with breakouts / pimples. Results are immediate, but continue to improve over the next few days and weeks.
- Results last for 3 months, at which point another Micro Botox session should be booked.
- The amount of product used during a Botox injectable procedure is always more than during a Botox Facial. That said, how many syringes of Botox product are needed depends on the treatment area, the patient’s beauty goals, as well as the extent of aging on the face.
- Botox is delivered through injection with a fine needle. In essence, the doctor is targeting the deeper level of muscle in each discrete treatment area on the face. Specifically, the doctor will inject neurotoxin at strategic points along a specific treatment area. An example of a single treatment area is Botox for forehead or Botox for crow’s feet. On the other hand, the Botox Facial works at a more superficial depth across the entire face.
- As a result, Botox injections work to weaken the contraction of the muscle, in order to soften, reduce or eliminate lines, wrinkles and furrows on the skin of the specific treatment area. Typically, this occurs 3-7 days following treatment.
- Results last from 3-6 months. At this point, an additional Botox session is required to maintain results.
Click -> for answers to all your Botox FAQ’s
What is the Microneedling Device? Why is Aqua Gold the Best Before and After?
The Microneedling device is also an important part of a Micro Botox session. Our AquaGold Microneedling device offers a superior method to apply Micro Botox with:
- Super-thin needles that create micro-injury to the skin. This assures pain-free application, minimal discomfort and maximum patient comfort.
- Microneedles made of surgical-grade, stainless steel and plated in 24-karat gold to reduce the risk of both skin irritation and allergic reaction.
- A uniform puncture depth of 0.6 millimeters that assures additional safety, while efficiently penetrating product to the epidermal and dermal layer of skin.
- Hollow needles that hold Botox in a tiny reservoir to promote superior product delivery.
- The ability to reach thin-skinned areas that are typically harder to treat, such as under the eyes or lip area.
- Quick recovery due to the superficial nature of micro-channeling, as well as microchannels that close up within the hour of treatment.
To summarize, it’s perfect for clients who fear needles or Botox injections, but who are looking to achieve its amazing benefits for the skin.
Does Micro Botox Cost More or Less Than Injectable?
The amount of Botox needed for injection, and, thus, the cost depends on so many individual factors. We always recommend coming in for a consultation with an Expert in Beauty to determine the Botox price, in order to reach your own personal beauty goals.
Where to Get a Micro Botox in NYC? Where’s a Good Place Near Me?
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa offers a comprehensive menu of beauty and skincare solutions. We are pleased to include the MicorBotox Facial as one of our offerings. Please call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an Expert in Beauty about why it might be right for you.