Lower Face Filler | Best Fillers in the Lower Face Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero
It’s absolutely possible to maintain a lower face that’s contoured, smooth and full of volume — even as we age. A great way to fulfull that beauty goal is a lower face filler injectable. It’s one of the best nonsurgical treatments to restore the skin to its youthful appearance. From thinning lips to deep nasolabial folds to lower face sagging along the jowls / jawline, a dermal filler injection can do so many things. In today’s post, Lower Face Filler | Best Fillers in the Lower Face, learn which dermal filler is right for you, courtesy of the top MedSpa in NYC:
Can You Use Fillers in the Lower Face?
A big yes! In fact, fillers are most frequently injected in the lower face. Specifically, we can inject filler to improve these areas:
- Cheekbones / cheek area
- Around the nose and mouth
- Corners of mouth / around the lips
- In the lip area / on the mouth
- Jowls / Jawline
What’s The Best Filler for Lower Face? How Do Fillers Work?
We typically recommend a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler for lower face, including the brands Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero. Specifically, HA filler injections work to replenish lost hyaluronic acid and restore volume in the area.
However, beyond this one general recommendation, there’s no “one size fits all” approach to injecting fillers in the lower face. Specifically, each HA filler family comes in a variety of formulations. While they all use HA as their active ingredient, each formulation varies by weight and viscosity. Therefore, each formulation performs differently in the skin. Figuring out what’s best for you depends on these factors:
Area on the Lower Face to Be Corrected
Typically, areas of the lower face that require more structure need thicker, heavier formulations (for example the cheeks). On the other hand, areas of the lower face with more mobility require a more flexible and lighter formulation (such as the lips).
The Extent of Skin Laxity on the Face
Thicker formulations are better suited for loose, saggy skin. Typically, sagging skin happens:
- During the natural course of aging
- Due to individual lifestyle factors (think smoking and diet) or
- Due to sun damage.
The greater the skin laxity, the greater the need for a thicker formulation. As a result, a sturdier structure will rejuvenate saggy skin.
What Lower Face Filler Before and After Results Can I Expect?
Lower face cosmetic filler injections are wonderful to lift, smooth and restore. However, the filler results depend on the area injected. Specifically, you can expect these filler results after treatment:
ALL LOWER FACE AREAS:
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- Restore volume loss
- Replenish thinning skin
- Improve skin texture
- Rejuvenate aging skin to a youthful appearance
CHEEK FILLER TO LIFT LOWER FACE:
- Replenish bone and soft tissue loss
- Diminishing cheek wrinkles
- Restore lost contour
- Provide a youthful structure to the lower face
- Allow skin to hang smoothly on the lower face
AROUND THE NOSE AND MOUTH:
- Smooth and fill moderate to deep nasolabial folds that run from the outside of the nose to the chin
ON THE LIPS / MOUTH:
- Increase the size of the lips / nonsurgical lip augmentation
- Reduce horizontal and vertical lip lines
- Add symmetry to the lips
- Change the shape of the lips
AROUND THE LIP / CORNERS OF MOUTH AREA:
- Fill in the corners of the mouth
- Lift the mouth
- Reduce smokers lines (run vertically above and below the lips)
- Reduce Marionette Lines that run from the outside of the mouth downward to the chin
- Decrease chin dimples
JOWLS / JAWLINE FILLER:
- Decrease skin laxity that creates sagging jowls
- Create a crisp, contoured jawline
- Sharpen and define the jawline area
- Reshape the jawline
Will Cheek Filler Lift Lower Face? What Fillers Work for Lower Face Sagging?
So there’s an interesting thing about fillers for lower face that often surprises our clients. As you’ve been reading, you might’ve been thinking “the cheeks aren’t part of the lower face, so why are you including them in a post about lower face fillers?” Here’s the answer: yes, cheek filler injections happen at specific points along the cheekbone. However, there is a connection between the cheeks and the lower face. Specifically, the cheekbones act as a scaffold for the skin to hang smoothly from the cheeks downward. As we age, the cheeks suffer bone and soft tissue loss. As a result of this loss, the skin no longer has a supportive structure to hold it in place. Thus, it starts to sag and slide south. Depending on the individual, we can experience everything from loose, sagging jowls to deep creases and folds around the nose and/or mouth. So, yes, cheek filler will lift the lower face and restore the skin in this area. Specifically, by correcting the cheeks with an HA filler, we can get rid of saggy jowls, as well as restore the coveted “inverted triangle of youth”. An example of the best cheek filler to achieve this goal is Restylane Defyne.
How Long Do Lower Face Fillers Last? What’s the Longest Lasting Filler?
Dermal Fillers are temporary. That means that when a filler wears off, you’ll need to return for additional treatment, in order to maintain results. Typically, filler results last anywhere between 6-18 months, depending on the filler. Other factors also determine the longevity of the filler including:
- Area of treatment, e.g. where injectable is used.
- How many units / syringes of product were used during treatment. Typically, full correction requires less maintenance.
- Individual factors, such as how quickly your body absorbs the product.
How to Find a Master Injector / Provider Near Me? Where to Get Fillers?
There are so many filler formulations available, which is why it’s so important to find a reputable doctor who:
- Knows which formulations will work for your particular skincare concern
- Will take your individual anatomy and extent of aging into consideration
- Knows where to inject product to get the Botox / filler results you’re looking for
- Knows how much product to use to achieve natural results
- Can advise the right maintenance schedule to extend these results
Our Medical Director, George Liakeas, MD ticks all these boxes. He’s been using Cosmetic Injectables for close to 20 years.
Where to Get Lower Face Fillers Near Me? Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC?
Conveniently located in Midtown East, Manhattan, New York, Smooth Synergy Cosmedical Spa has been in business since 2002. It’s this experience that makes us a leader in the field of nonsurgical cosmetic aesthetics. We offer a comprehensive menu of top skin-restoring treatments that includes Neurotoxins and Dermal Fillers, including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeaveau, as well as Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero and Radiesse. Book a consultation with our skin care specialists to find out which one is best for you. Call us at 212-397-0111 to speak with an expert in beauty and schedule a complimentary consultation.