Laser Hair Removal for Back in NYC
The Best Laser Hair Removal for Back in NYC
Try to imagine a scenario where you bare your back at the beach without feeling self-conscious. Or you ditch the razor for good. Or you leave the monthly waxing appointment behind. It’s possible with the best laser hair removal in NYC. Here’s how laser hair removal for back can result in hair-free, carefree skin.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- FDA Cleared
- Quick and easy
- Comfortable and safe
- Costs less than monthly waxing
- Free yourself from regular upkeep
- Forget about back hair completely
We all know that a laser produces a beam of light. So how exactly does light work to remove hair? When a laser pulse is directed at the treatment area, it travels underneath the skin and seeks the hair follicle. Then, the light converts to heat and the hair follicle is damaged or destroyed. As a result, hair either grows in finer or hair regrowth is stopped altogether.
Getting rid of back hair requires a solution that can cover a large surface area. That’s why tweezers, threading, electrolysis and shaving are tedious and time consuming options for back hair. On the other hand, lasers are designed to treat patches of skin. In essence, the hand-held laser device is able to target thousands of hairs in a single session. As a result, laser technology is a particularly effective solution for larger areas of back hair.
Laser Hair Removal on the back typically results in approximately 80% reduction of hair, following a course of 5-8 treatments.
The back is actually one of the more comfortable treatment areas for laser hair removal, due to the thickness of the skin on this area. Generally speaking, clients say that treatment feels like the snapping of a rubber band on the back. What’s more, our licensed and experienced skincare professionals have tools to minimize pain, including:
- Dynamic Cooling System (DCD): Our Gentle Max Pro systems has a built-in cooling device (DCD) that sprays the epidermis with a cooling burst of cryogen in adjustable durations — milliseconds before the laser pulse.
- Benzocaine Lidocaine Tetracaine (BLT) cream, which numbs the treatment area.
- Pro Nox, a solution for reducing the anxiety and pain of Laser Hair Removal.
The Gentle Max Pro machine has a long history of and reputation for safety. It’s truly an innovation in design that miminizes the risks of side effects, such as burns and skin irritation. Its features include:
- A non-ablative laser that bypasses the surface of the skin to reach the hair follicle.
- A higher wavelength of light than many other systems. As a result, the amount of energy dispersed into healthy surrounding tissue is diminished.
- A longer pulse duration or pulse width. This works to assure energy is delivered over a longer period of time — in essence, fewer pulses means less contact with the surface of the skin.
In a nutshell: precise targeting of the hair follicle and less contact with the epidermis translate into a safer treatment.
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa prides itself on providing the best Laser Hair Removal in NYC. Our Candela Gentle Max Pro machine is state-of-the-art and is used exclusively by our experienced, licensed estheticians. They can gently yet effectively get rid of back hair, and assure the Laser Hair Removal results for back that you’re looking for. Call us at 212-397-0111. An expert in beauty is here to answer all your questions and create a treatment plan that’s personalized for you.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results