Laser Hair Removal for Face NYC
Unwanted hair on the face doesn’t have to mean a continual maintenance schedule of waxing, plucking or shaving. It’s time to make razor burn, red rashes and ingrown hairs a thing of the past. The permanent solution is laser for facial hair. Here’s more on lasers and why they’re safe and effective for the face:
Can You Get Laser Hair Removal on Your Face?
When laser hair removal comes to mind, many people immediately think of achieving smooth, hair-free legs. Indeed, removing hair on legs is great! That said, laser hair removal for face is just as effective. For men, full face laser hair removal is particularly popular. On the other hand, many women have great success using laser as a spot treatment. Specifically, it can target stray hairs on the chin or an unwanted moustache. But, truly, lasers for face can be customized to any area where you’d like a permanent solution for unwanted facial hair.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for Face?
While the prospect of ditching the razor for good sounds great, many people remain worried about lasers burning their skin. Afterall, the skin on the face is delicate, right? That’s certainly true and we understand the concern. It’s why we’re here why to ease your mind, and explain how lasers for face work.
Laser Hair Removal targets a pulse of energy to the pigment of the hair. Many lasers aren’t sophisticated enough to distinguish between the color of unwanted hair and healthy, surrounding tissue. Particularly for darker skin tones, this problem can run the risk of burns and skin irritation.
The GentleMax Pro machine resolves these issues. It combines two lasers in one system to treat all skin tones safely. Features include:
- A non-ablative laser that targets energy to the hair follicle, effectively by passing the surface of the skin.
- For darker skin tones, in particular, a higher wavelength of light that diminishes the amount of light dispersed into healthy tissue.
- Again, for darker skin tones, the laser has a longer pulse duration or pulse width. Translation: fewer pulses means less contact with the surface of the skin.
To summarize: precise targeting of the hair follicle and less contact with the epidermis gives you a safer laser for face.
Does It Hurt?
We often get asked about lasers and pain. For most treatment areas, clients say pain levels are manageable and feel like the snapping of a rubber band. That said, comfort levels are always individual and depend on the thickness of the skin, along with the number of nerve endings in the treatment area. For example, laser for upper lip is typically more painful than laser along the jawline, due to these differences. If you’re concerned about maximizing comfort for any reason, our licensed and experienced skincare professionals have highly effective options available including:
- Dynamic Cooling System (DCD): Our Gentle Max Pro systems has a built-in cooling device (DCD) that sprays the epidermis with a cooling burst of cryogen in adjustable durations — milliseconds before the laser pulse.
- Benzocaine Lidocaine Tetracaine (BLT) cream, which numbs the treatment area.
- Pro Nox, a solution for reducing the anxiety and pain of Laser Hair Removal.
How to Prepare for Treatment?
Two Weeks Before
- Refrain from tanning or prolonged sun exposure.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on the treatment area to avoid incidental sun exposure.
- Refrain from sunless tanning products or spray tanning.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, toners or any irritating creams on the treatment area.
- Avoid Botox or other cosmetic injectables, as well as dermal fillers chemical peels and laser procedures on the treatment area.
- Discontinue electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing, plucking and chemical epilation in the treatment area.
The Day of Your Procedure
- Arrive at the appointment clean shaven in and around the treatment area. This will make the treatment work better and hurt less.
- Refrain from applying any perfumes, deodorant, creams or makeup to the treatment area.
Does It Work? How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost for Facial Hair?
We typically recommend buying a package of 5-8 sessions to achieve permanent hair removal, depending on individual needs. It’s important to note that by investing in laser hair removal now, you will save time and money in the long run (think: ditching the razor for good!)
Where to Get Laser Facial Hair Removal Near Me? Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in NYC?
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa offers only the best laser hair removal for face in NYC. Our Candela Gentle Max Pro machine is state-of-the-art and is used exclusively by our highly- qualified and experienced estheticians. They can gently yet effectively target unwanted facial hair, and assure the best Laser Hair Removal results for face. Call us at 212-397-0111. An expert in beauty will answer your questions and create a treatment plan as individual as you are.