Hydro / Hydrafacial vs Microdermabrasion? What’s the Difference?
Ready for bright, smooth and clear skin? A great place to start is with a skin resurfacing tool, like a Hydrafacial or Microdermabrasion. The next step is learning the differences between the Hydrafacial and Microdermabrasion. Find out which is better for you in our Hydrafacial vs Microdermabrasion Guide:
Hydro / Hydrafacial vs Microdermabrasion: How are They Similar?
Before we get to how Hydro / Hydrafacial and Microdermabrasion are different, let’s talk about their similarities. Specifically, both use noninvasive, nonchemical exfoliation to remove dirt, debris and dead skin cells, in order to reveal the fresh layer of skin underneath. As a result, they are both highly effective at:
- increasing cellular turnover,
- encouraging blood flow to the face and
- improving overall skin health.
Specifically, they can both be used to combat a variety of skin imperfections, particularly when performed in a series. These include:
- Fading hyperpigmentation, including age spots and dark marks
- Evening out skin tone and texture
- Diminishing pore size
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brightening the skin
- Imparting a radiant glow to skin
What Is Microdermabrasion? How Does it Work?
Microdermabrasion is a classic treatment that’s been around for decades. It’s a simple 30-60 minute exfoliation treatment with little-to-no downtime. During a session, a spray of micro-crystals gently abrades the top layer skin. Specifically, we only employ the best exfoliator tool that makes use of fine crystals, which exfoliate the skin with minimal abrasion.
Want In-Depth Info on Microdermabrasion? —> Read More
What is the Hydro / Hydrafacial? How Does it Work?
The Hydro / Hydrafacial (aka Hydrodermabrasion) is also a simple treatment that takes around 30-60 minutes with little-to-no downtime. As we said above, it’s a high-performance, skin-resurfacing tool. However, it’s cutting-edge technology represents a step up from Microdermabrasion for three reasons:
- It’s a different means of exfoliating the skin. Instead of crystals, it resurfaces the skin with liquid exfoliants, which are sprayed onto the skin with a supersonic jet of water. In fact, the treatment is so gentle, it can even be indicated for people with the most sensitive skin and/or rosacea. On the other hand, people with these conditions must steer clear of the abrasives found in Microdermabrasion.
- Each session includes a completely customizable cocktail of serums to meet many skin needs. As an example, serums can include antioxidants, acids and peptides to meet all kinds of skincare concerns.
- While Microdermabrasion is solely an exfoliation tool, the Hydro or Hydrafacial is so much more. In a single session, it performs a three-step process to rejuvenate the skin:
CLEANSE + PEEL
Uncover a fresh layer of skin with completely non-abrasive exfoliation.
EXTRACT + HYDRATE
Remove debris from pores with pain-free suction, while simultaneously infusing the skin with a cocktail of personalized serums.
FUSE + PROTECT
Saturate the skin’s surface with customizable solutions to repair the skin and maximize your glow.
Want In-Depth Info on the Hydrafacial? —> Read More
Which is Better? Pros and Cons? Hydrafacial or Microdermabrasion?
There’s no denying that the Hydro / Hydrafacial is a technological advancement over Microdermabrasion. In fact, the majority of the time, we would recommend the Hydro or Hydrafacial vs Microdermabrasion. That said, everyone’s skin concerns are individual, and there may be instances where Microdermabrasion is indicated for you. As always, we recommend coming into Smooth Synergy for a consultation with an Expert in Beauty to find out how best to meet your beauty goals.
Hydro / Hydrafacial vs. Microdermabrasion: What is the Cost?
Generally speaking, the Microdermabrasion price is less than the Hydro or Hydrafacial price. This may factor into which treatment you choose. Additionally, it’s important to note that both may require a series of treatments, in order to address many skincare concerns. Therefore, the condition of your skin before treatment, as well as your treatment goals, may have an impact on the total cost.
Why Choose Smooth Synergy Medical Spa NYC? Where to Go in New York?
Smooth Synergy NY is conveniently located in Midtown East, Manhattan. We offer a comprehensive menu of exfoliation treatments, including the Hydrofacial, Microdermabrasion, Facial Peels and Dermaplaning. With close to 20 years experience in the MedSpa industry, we have the knowledge to help you decide which one is right for you. Reach out to an Expert in Beauty at 212-397-0111 to discuss your beauty goals.