Skincare for the Holidays Guide
We think the perfect New York holiday includes getting your glam on for the season’s festivities. That’s why we’re counting down to the New Year with a holiday checklist to look and feel your best. From skincare to beauty tips, please consider us your party planners of beauty!
Two Weeks Before the Festivities
- Now’s a great time to freshen up your look with an injectable filler, like Juvederm, Restylane or Belotero, to add a little plump to your lips, soften facial wrinkles or folds or enhance shallow contours. While recovery varies from person to person, most clients report minimal swelling and are pleased with results after one week. An added benefit: results lasts for six months or more!
One Week Before
- Start the season off right with a comprehensive facial. It will leave skin resurfaced, clear and glowing — think of it like a smooth, fresh palette for your holiday makeup. Our experienced aestheticians can customize a facial that’s right for your individual skincare concerns. For example, if you have congested skin, a salicylic acid peel will lift away dead skin cells and unclog pores. If you have dehydrated skin, an oxygen facial will invigorate the skin and make it appear smoother and plumper.
- Botox or other injectables are the perfect pick-me up to reduce wrinkles, lift eyebrows and reduce frown lines. And you may be surprised to learn that Botox really is a “lunchtime” procedure with little to no downtime. However, it can take anywhere from 2-7 days to see the full lifting benefit of the procedure, which is why we recommend coming in a week before your holiday engagement for maximum fabulousness.
- It’s great to schedule any waxing treatments a week before your big celebration to assure that any irritation has diminished. Also, it’s a must to get any waxing done BEFORE you do a spray tan. If you don’t, you run the risk of the tan coming off with the hair during a wax. Also, be sure to wait 24 hours between waxing and tanning to avoid skin irritation.
Three Days to A Week Before
- Get your hair cut and colored. You want to give your hair a chance to settle down before a big event, particularly when color is involved. Color oxidation opens the hair cuticle, which takes about 48 hours to close and smooth down. Also, color usually looks richer and more vibrant after at least one shampoo.
- The same things apply to eyebrow and eyelash tinting treatments. You will want to take a few days to allow the excess dye and color to fade and settle before unveiling your new, glam look at a party.
Two Days Before
- Book a spray tan session now to assure that any residue has washed off before your celebration. You’re guaranteed a healthy, all-over glow that’s sure to turn heads when you make your holiday entrance.
A Day Before
- A mani-pedi right about now is a perfect finishing touch to your look. Plus, what could be better than a little pampering before the festivities?
Party Day is Here!
- Give your skin a last-minute boost with an exfoliating mask in the shower. Use a hydrating serum to smooth skin on the face, neck and decollete. And, voila, you’re ready to head into hair and makeup…and TO HAVE FUN!
Happy Holidays from all of us at Smooth Synergy!