FemiLift: Before and After Care
FemiLift Laser NYC: What to Know Before and After FemiLift Treatment
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa, NYC, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your treatment. In order to achieve optimal FemiLift results, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for FemiLift:
Four Days Before FemiLift
- Discontinue use of vaginal products.
- Discontinue vaginal penetration during sexual activity.
- If you have a history of genital herpes, notify the physician, who will prescribe a course of antiviral prophylactic treatment.
- Notify Smooth Synergy to reschedule, If between now and your appointment, you:
- Are menstruating
- Have an active outbreak of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) or genital herpes
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Day of Your FemiLift Procedure
- Arrive with Pap Smear / Gynecologist clearance from within last 12 months.
- During treatment, if you experience any pain, please tell the physician immediately, so settings may be adjusted.
- Showering and cleansing the treatment area are allowed. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area.
- Do not insert any foreign objects, including tampons and vaginal products, into vagina for 3-4 days.
- Avoid vaginal penetration during sexual activity for 3-4 days.
Post Treatment Expectations
- You may return to normal activity after treatment with the exception of vaginal penetration during sexual activity.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process.
- Immediately following treatment, the treatment area may appear flushed, which usually subsides within several hours.
- Feeling the urge to urinate can occur for up to one day.
- It’s normal to experience spotting or discharge for 1-2 days.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
Most women will see an immediate vaginal rejuvenation benefit from the FemiLift. Additionally, collagen remodeling will continue for up to six months with results that can include:
- Increased vaginal lubrication
- Relief from Urinary Stress Incontinence
- Toned and less lax vagina
- Improved sexual and pelvic health
Three initial treatments over a 12-18 week period are recommended for best results. Following the initial treatment, schedule a treatment once a year to maintain results.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results