Vascular 300: Before and After Care for Facial Veins
Vascular 300: What to Know Before and After Face Vein Treatment
At Smooth Synergy Medical Spa, NYC, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your treatment. In order to achieve optimal Vascular 300 results, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for Facial Veins:
Pre-Care for Vascular 300
Two Weeks Before
- Refrain from use of excessive or unnecessary blood thinners.
Three Days Before
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, toners or any harsh or irritating product on the treatment area.
- Discontinue electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing, plucking and chemical epilation in the treatment area.
- If you are prone to cold sores, notify the physician, who will prescribe a course of antiviral prophylactic treatment.
- Avoid Vitamin E (includes a multivitamin) and Fish Oil.
- Take a course of Arnica Homeopathic tablets until a day after treatment to decrease the occurrence of bruising.
- Avoid Ibuprofen or Aspirin. Acetaminophen or Aleve for pain may be used instead, when necessary.
The Day of Your Session
- For male clients: arrive at the appointment clean shaven.
- Arrive at your appointment with a clean, makeup free face. Makeup wipes will be available, if not possible.
- You may experience some tenderness, swelling, redness or stinging at the injection site, immediately following injection.
- A topical anesthetic may be indicated to maximize your comfort.
- Hydrate well before arriving for your appointment.
Post-Care for Vascular 300
Scabbing of the treatment area is common. Therefore, aftercare for Vascular 300 is similar to aftercare for wounds. Most importantly, be vigilant about keeping the treatment area clean and protected, in order to aid in the healing process and avoid infection. Specifically, follow this advice:
- Showering and cleansing the skin are allowed. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area. Refrain from vigorous rubbing of the skin. Apply product to the fingertips with tepid water and use gentle, circular motions on the skin. Gently pat the treatment area dry.
- Refrain from makeup on or around the treatment area for 24 hours. Mineral makeup is preferable.
- Continue with your regular skincare regime; however, discontinue use of Retin-a (tretinoin), Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Ziana, Veltin, Atralin or any exfoliating agents with harsh abrasives or acids until skin has healed.
- Refrain from touching the face unnecessarily.
- Avoid picking at or scrubbing the skin, which can lead to scarring.
- Allow scabs to fall off naturally.
- Until skin has healed, moisturize liberally with Cicalfate cream.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid saunas, hot tubs or extreme temperatures for 24 hours.
- Refrain from tanning or prolonged sun exposure for 2-3 weeks after the procedure. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater for 2-3 week to avoid incidental sun exposure.
- Refrain from laser treatments, Botox or other injectables, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, waxing and depilatories for 3-4 weeks.
- Avoid blood thinners, including Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Vitamin E and for 3-4 days.
- Comfort measures:
- Acetaminophen or Aleve are appropriate for swelling or discomfort.
- Antihistamines, like Benadryl and Zyrtec, may be used for minor itching.
- Arnica Gel may be used for bruising.
- If extreme any swelling or unforeseen symptoms occurs, please contact Smooth Synergy.
- With the exception of strenuous exercise, you may return to normal activity.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process. They may be alleviated with simple measures, as described above.
- Immediately following treatment, the skin may be red, itchy or irritated, which usually subsides within several hours.
- It is normal to experience mild tenderness, swelling, bruising for up to a week, particularly around the injection site.
- Scabbing of the treatment area is normal and should resolve in 7-10 days.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111.
After a series of treatments, Vascular lesions and blemishes can be permanently eliminated. The number of treatments depends on the stubbornness of the treatment area. Consult with your practitioner to create a treatment plan that’s right for your particular skincare needs. It’s recommended that you schedule appointments a month apart to allow the area to heal.
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
Request Your Consultation Today
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results