BioTE — Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy NYC
Address Hormone Imbalance with BioTE Hormone Replacement
Vitality is at the heart of physical, mental and emotional wellness. It’s something we all deserve, no matter our age. But, if symptoms of hormone imbalance are impacting your quality of life, Smooth Synergy Medical Spa can help. We are proud to be on the forefront of the field of regenerative medicine, as certified providers of BioTE Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). So optimize your hormone levels to reclaim your health and well-being. It’s possible with BioTE hormone optimization system, NYC!
BioTE is a bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) to balance and optimize hormones of both men and women. Created by BioTE Medical, this hormone optimization system is delivered via an innovative subcutaneous pellet system.
Hormones are essential for regulating most major bodily processes. Imbalances happen if either too much or too little of a hormone is present in the blood. Even the slightest shift in hormone levels can wreak havoc on physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Estrogen imbalance in women can lead to hormone imbalance symptoms in women, including:
- Night Sweats
- Hot flashes
- Decreased sex drive
- Weight gain
- Insomnia or fatigue
- Loss of muscle mass
- Decreased bone mass
- Cold hands and feet
Men generally present with imbalanced or low testosterone levels. As a result, they may be experiencing these hormone imbalance symptoms:
- Stronger, healthier
- Low sex drive
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Chronic fatigue
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increased body fat
- Decreased bone mass
- Mood changes
- Lower mental capacity
- Brain Fog
When hormones are restored to optimal levels, benefits can include:
- Increased lean muscle mass, tone and strength
- Thicker hair
- Stronger, healthier bones
- Improved brain function, focus and memory
- Weight loss
- Better sleep patterns
- Increased energy and stamina
- Enhanced mood
- Improved sexual desire and/or performance
If you are experiencing the symptoms described above, it is likely you are a good candidate for BioTE. That said, a consultation with the doctor is crucial for determining your BHRT eligibility. Specifically, BioTE pellets are compounded with hormone ratios personalized for you, which is based on your blood panel and a hormone consultation with the doctor. In a nutshell, this means treatment will be specifically tailored to naturally relieve your individual symptoms of hormone imbalance.
BioTE pellets are bioidentical, which means they mimic hormones found in the body. On the other hand, synthetic hormones do not match hormones present in the body. In addition, several studies have shown that BHRT may have fewer and less severe side effects than synthetic hormone therapy.
BHRT pellets allow for custom, continuous and consistent administration of necessary hormones into the bloodstream. As a result, pellets can help avoid the roller-coaster-like side effect commonly associated with hormone creams and pills.
- An initial consultation is required, so that the doctor can take a complete medical history and draw blood for a comprehensive blood panel. Please arrive between 9-11AM for blood draw. NOTE: If on desiccated thyroid medication, please wait 4-5 hours after taking medication to have lab work done (Synthroid medication does not apply).
- Based on this hormone consultation and a review of your bloodwork, the doctor will determine whether you are eligible for BHRT. If so, he will create a custom BHRT hormone profile tailored to your unique physiology and designed to create a state of hormone balance within your body.
- At your next office visit, these customized pellets will be inserted, typically, in the upper buttocks. First, the area will be numbed. Next, a small incision will be made. Then, the hormone pellets will be inserted. And, finally, the area will be covered by a bandage.
- The office will follow-up with you the day after treatment.
Wound care is needed at the insertion site. Until the wound is healed, it’s advised to avoid strenuous exercise, as well as swimming, hot tubs or saunas. Other than that, you may return to normal activity after pellet insertion. Some people experience swelling at the insertion site, which generally resolves with 72 hours. Rarely, it may last up to a month.
Following insertion, the pellets will release a consistent dose of bioidentical hormones into the bloodstream, thus, starting the hormone balancing process immediately. While each patients’ recovery is unique, patients have reported relief from symptoms in as little as two to four weeks. Hormones should reach optimal levels in up to six months.
For Women: A second bloodwork is required six weeks after BioTE treatment to reassess hormone levels.
For Men: A second bloodwork is required one month after treatment to reassess hormone levels.
A free boost of pellets is available up to eight weeks after treatment.
The BHRT pellets are no bigger than a grain of rice. Occasionally, pellets may be felt underneath the skin. Generally, this is due to swelling around the insertion site, that’s possible immediately after treatment. This will typically disappear within 72 hours.
Since the pellets are biocompatible, each pellet inserted into the body will dissolve and be reabsorbed by the body.
For Women: every 3 1/2 months for next round of BioTE pellets.
For Men: every 5 months for next round of BioTE pellets.
The estrogen and testosterone in the pellet are FDA approved. The facilities responsible for the manufacturing of pellets are under regulation by the FDA.
Many insurance plans will cover the cost of lab results; however, consultation fee and pellet therapy is an additional out-of-pocket cost that’s not eligible for reimbursement. It’s best to reach out to your individual insurance carrier with specific coverage questions.
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa is proud to be a Certified BioTE provider, offering our patients BioTE hormone therapy at our New York, NY office. Contact Smooth Synergy at 212-397-0111 to make an appointment to discuss your BioTE Medical options. As your trusted source for BioTE, we can help provide relief from hormone imbalance symptoms. And help get you started on the road to physical, mental and emotional wellness!
- BioTE offers an innovative, subcutaneous delivery of hormone replacement therapy or HRT.
- Customized hormone pellets that are the size of a grain of sand are typically inserted in the upper buttock region.
- Works to restore levels of testosterone and estrogen.
- Optimal hormone levels typically achieved in six months.
- A maintainenance schedule assures long-lasting results, as follows;
- For Women: every 3 1/2 months.
- For Men: every 5 months for next round of BioTE pellets.
- BioTE has the ability to address your own unique symptoms of hormone loss.
- That’s because BioTE’s hormones are bioidentical, which means they match those the body produces naturally.
- Additionally, the BHRT you receive is customized to your individual physiology, based on a hormone consultation and a comprehensive blood panel.
- And the unique pellet delivery system assures continuous and consistent levels of hormone are released into the body
- Highly effective at improving the physical mental and emotional well-being of both men and women.
- Because it’s time to restore your health and vitality!
Can we send your inbox some beauty?
Be the first to get beauty tips, the latest updates, and exclusive content straight to your email inbox.
What Sets Smooth Synergy Apart?
- Established in 2002, as one the first Medical Spas in NYC
- Cutting-edge cosmetic services
- Creators of beauty treatments like the Fanny Facial
- True synergy including layering skincare modalities
- Respect for your individual skincare goals (no judgments)
- Experienced, licensed estheticians
- Medical Director, Dr. George, on site, ready to meet your skincare needs
- Real solutions and superior results