Microneedling with Radiofrequency for Acne Scars
As if a pimple isn’t bad enough in the first place…now, you’re dealing with after effects of the breakout. Thankfully, a recent advance in cosmetic aesthetics might be the solution you’re looking for: Microneedling with Radiofrequency for Acne Scars. Here’s all you need to know about how to get rid of acne scarring with Microneedling and Radiofrequency:
What RF Microneedling Benefits Can I Expect?
In general, RF Microneedling is excellent for treating common textural changes to the skin, including:
- Minimizing pore size
- Diminishing stretch marks
- Encouraging a youthful, smooth and even appearance
- Fading the results of trauma to the skin, including acne scarring, burns or other scarring
It does this by reaching multiple layers of the skin, in order to induce collagen and elastin production — essentially, boosting the body’s own natural healing process from the inside out.
What Causes Acne Scars?
Before we get to the superior results of RF Microneedling for Acne Scars, let’s talk about what causes acne scarring to begin with. Basically, scarring occurs when the healing process following a blemish has gone haywire. When not enough tissue is produced to fill an acne mark, a Depressed Acne Scar happens (also called an Atrophic Acne Scar, Icepick Scar, Boxcar Scar or Pock Mark). When too much tissue is produced, it causes a Raised Acne Scar (aka Hypertrophic Acne Scar or Keloid Scar).
Why Choose Microneedling with Radiofrequency for Acne Scars?
In essence, Microneedling with Radiofrequency works to replace the scar tissue with healthy tissue. And it does so with a distinct advantage over other commonly used treatments for Acne Scarring. The reason is that a true synergy occurs when Microneedling and Radiofrequency are put together. The Microneedling device creates discrete channels at controlled depths along the surface of the skin. As a result, the fractional RF energy is conducted to the treatment area in a highly targeted way. In a nutshell, the Microneedling channels create specific thermal zones at accurate depths in the skin. What this means for you is that RF Microneedling is highly effective at treating acne scars, because it:
- Maximizes collagen and elastin production, while
- Minimizing injury to the surface of the skin that’s typical of other acne scar treatments, particularly ablative laser treatments.
How Many Sessions are Required to Get Rid of Acne Scarring with RF Microneedling?
Our treatment recommendations always depend on the condition of your skin to begin with, as well as your individual beauty goals. We recommend coming in to speak with an Expert in Beauty, who can create a personalized treatment plan that’s right for you.
What’s the Best RF Microneedling Machine? Why Choose Smooth Synergy Med Spa in NYC?
Smooth Synergy Medical Spa in New York City uses only the PiXel8-RF system. It’s the best machine to assure safe, comfortable and effective treatment. Specifically, it offers these advantages:
- Single-use Microneedling Cartridges assure hygiene and safety.
- Microneedling Pen creates precise, vertical microwounds for quicker healing and superior collagen induction.
- Needle Spacing evenly penetrates the skin without overlapping.
- Adjustable Needle Depth — a range of 0.5 ml to 3.5 ml gives the practitioner great flexibility to customize treatment for you. Additionally, this ability to control treatment makes it superior for treating delicate areas of skin, such as under the eyes.
- Safe for All Skin Tones. Specifically, the use insulated needles reduces the risk of Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation or PIH, which is a common side effect for people with dark skin tones.
- Arctic Chill Cooling Device can be used to spray the surface of the skin during treatment, assuring maximum comfort.
For more information about whether Microneedling with Radiofrequency for acne scars is right for you, come in for a complimentary consultation with an Expert in Beauty. She is here to evaluate your skin, answer all your questions and review our comprehensive menu of choices for Acneic skin. Call us at 212-397-0111 to learn more.