Benefits of Regular Massage Therapy
There is no denying that a massage feels great from time to time. Usually approaching them like a pampering treat, most people who have had the pleasure of a good massage recognize the immediate benefits of feeling more relaxed and rejuvenated. But only getting a massage once a year or so because you received one as a gift, leaves you missing out on the long-term benefits of true massage therapy. Regular massage treatments have been shown to deliver a plethora of positives, a bevy of benefits, an avalanche of advantages …. so to speak. The most recognized long-term benefits of regular massage therapy treatments include:
- Improved range-of-motion.
- Reduction in headaches and migraines.
- Increased joint flexibility allowing for long-term reduction of health issues including arthritis.
- Increased lymph flow which allows the body to fight against toxins.
- Decreased levels of pain for chronic sufferers of lower back problems.
- Increased blood circulation.
- Improved skin health (due to the increased blood circulation and lymph flow)
- Increased levels of mental well-being with the release of endorphins.
- Reduced recovery times from injury and surgery.
- Higher comfort levels during pregnancy and birth for expectant mothers.
- Reduction in PMS symptoms including cramps and mood swings.